PDA

View Full Version : Need Lee mold cut down on a mill

yotatrd4x4
10-28-2013, 01:34 AM
Disregard went another route.

Ok I have a lee mold I got that someone filed on the top to try and shorten it up but it's really crooked. Anyway I have removed the handles from it and would like to know if anyone here has a mill that would be willing to cut it down for me. I am thinking since it was a lee 459 flat nose for a 45-70 that with a couple bands cut off it would be a dandy in my ruger blackhawk 45 colt. Any someone let me know. I'm willing to pay or trade to pay for the work. I already removed the sprue plate etc just needs to be put in a mill vise and have the top shaved down.

Bullshop Junior
10-28-2013, 01:46 AM
Im not sure if buckshot is still doing that but he always did very good work.

yotatrd4x4
10-28-2013, 01:54 AM
Thanks I will ask him

Ben
10-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Ok I'm all lined up with a nice feller that's gonna cut it for me.

Ok I have a lee mold I got that someone filed on the top to try and shorten it up but it's really crooked. Anyway I have removed the handles from it and would like to know if anyone here has a mill that would be willing to cut it down for me. I am thinking since it was a lee 459 flat nose for a 45-70 that with a couple bands cut off it would be a dandy in my ruger blackhawk 45 colt. Any someone let me know. I'm willing to pay or trade to pay for the work. I already removed the sprue plate etc just needs to be put in a mill vise and have the top shaved down.

I'm a little confused, you say you have a fellow to do the work for you and then you say you need to find someone to do the work ? ?

Alstep
10-29-2013, 11:52 AM
If you have a lathe, you can chuck up the mold and face it off.

deltaenterprizes
10-30-2013, 08:24 PM
I can do it