PDA

View Full Version : BC Armory Ultimate Duty Tune?

2wheelDuke
10-27-2013, 04:58 PM
I saw someone refer to BC Armory's tuning jobs in a thread about Hi Tek coating.

I've got a Model 29 that has developed an end shake issue.

For $100 plus shipping both ways, they'll do the following:

SMITH & WESSON DUTY TUNE
1. Tune revolver action for smooth, uniform let-off without sacrificing reliable ignition.
2. Remove cylinder end shake.
3. Chamfer chambers for reloading ease.
4. Completely clean, de-burr, inspect and lubricate action bed and parts.
$75.00 plus return shippin

ULTIMATE DUTY TUNE
This package is recommended for extensively fired weaponsUltimate Duty tune package includes all work performed in the Basic Duty Tune package plus:
1. Truing the cylinder face.
2. Recrown the muzzle.
3. Cut 11 degree forcing cone.
4. Align crane and straighten ejector rod.
$100.00 plus return shipping

I'm not familiar with the forcing cone cutting. Is that beneficial for cast boolits?

Has anyone used this company? Any feedback? I've never sent a gun out for work or repair before.

gray wolf
10-27-2013, 07:42 PM
That's quite a bit of work for that small amount of money. I question the quality of the work ( just saying )
I thought pistols needed to be shipped over night at a cost of about $50.00 each way.

2wheelDuke
10-27-2013, 08:11 PM
That's quite a bit of work for that small amount of money. I question the quality of the work ( just saying )
I thought pistols needed to be shipped over night at a cost of about $50.00 each way.

Questions like that are why I'm asking here to see if anyone's used them. I don't know of any decent gunsmiths down around these parts.

Love Life
10-27-2013, 08:22 PM
I got the ultimate duty tune on an old S&W model 28 that really needed it. It had mucho end shake, out of time, crane issues, cylinder play, etc.

The work Mr. Warren did on my revolver is phenomenal. Single action breaks like glass and surprises you. Double action is smooth as chocolate pudding and is very easy to keep the front sight on target while pulling the trigger.

Better accuracy from the forcing cone job, and he fixed all issues. I'd not hesitate to send a revolver into Mr. Warren at BC armory. Give him a call and if he doesn't answer leave a message. He'll call you back.

gray wolf
10-28-2013, 12:44 PM
I got the ultimate duty tune on an old S&W model 28 that really needed it. It had mucho end shake, out of time, crane issues, cylinder play, etc.

The work Mr. Warren did on my revolver is phenomenal. Single action breaks like glass and surprises you. Double action is smooth as chocolate pudding and is very easy to keep the front sight on target while pulling the trigger.

Better accuracy from the forcing cone job, and he fixed all issues. I'd not hesitate to send a revolver into Mr. Warren at BC armory. Give him a call and if he doesn't answer leave a message. He'll call you back.
That's good to know, and I sure do trust your opinion.
(( good, but unusual ))

frankenfab
10-28-2013, 01:34 PM

Overnight shipping is a requirement of the carriers UPS and FedEx. An FFL holder can ship handguns USPS Priority Mail.

Love Life
10-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Just ask him about his lead times. When I sent mine to him he was a bit backed up. He is very responsive though.