PDA

View Full Version : Wooo hoooo. Reloading wife

AlaskanGuy
10-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Well... I got a happy wife.. She is learning to reload... She is very excited about this new hobby of hers... She isnt loading cast yet, but she will..... :bigsmyl2:

HeavyMetal
10-26-2013, 01:29 PM
What a cool deal!

Always nice to have someone to share with, LOL!

starmac
10-26-2013, 01:35 PM
How did you manage that. LOL
I put the new handles on the Hollywood yesterday, and my wife mentioned the three new ones made the old one look bad. When I told her I planned on her polishing the old one to shine like the new ones (it didn't help that a friend of mine started laughing) I got the impression that it wasn't going to happen. lol

Hickory
10-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Watch it!
She'll have you knetting her a sweater.

w5pv
10-26-2013, 01:51 PM
You are lucky,my wife won't even shoot a gun.Just hope when I die she don't sell for what I said paid for this stuff.

PS Paul
10-26-2013, 01:56 PM
Man, that's terrific! I can scarcely get my wife to go to the range once every five years, let alone sit at the bench.

How lucky you are, I promise you that. Hat's off to you, mister. Hat's off to you.

AlaskanGuy
10-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Yep... My wife is awesome.... She will NOT end up in the cull pile..... Every time we go to the gun shop, she wants a new gun... Usually it is the guys that always wants a new toy, but i gotta put a bridle on her every time we go, or lock up the credit card...lol... Alaskan women are just thier own breed apart.. Especially the remote living ones....

Thanks guys... Wife loved reading your posts, except for the one from w5pv... That one started a real discussion.. Almost got me in trouble...lol

Tazman1602
10-26-2013, 02:27 PM
She's pretty too..............I'll bet THAT'S why you put a smiley there! I have a great wife also, she is as big a gun nut as myself. She isn't into reloading but every time I buy a gun she has to try it out to see if she likes it..............she also buys her share of guns as in; "Artie honey, give me $500................."

GOD I love that girl.................<grin> Anytime my spouse/wife/lover of 33 years is excited about anything I do I get all giddy......now if she would just quit shooting bigger deer than I!

Art

badgeredd
10-26-2013, 02:29 PM
You are lucky,my wife won't even shoot a gun.Just hope when I die she don't sell for what I said paid for this stuff.

Innocently say............."Remember this gun? Look what it worth here in the Blue book. Can you believe that?"

Edd

P.S. Been there, done that.

AlaskanGuy
10-26-2013, 02:34 PM
I will be sure to post on how her range visit went....she is a pretty good shot... And is testing Varget to develop a load for her 22-250... I will post the results... She started at 34 gr and will be working up ladder style to 36 grains... Of course she is learning to develop with j-words first.. Then to cast.....

RED333
10-26-2013, 03:52 PM
My son needs a wife, she got a sister?

btroj
10-26-2013, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't shoot her ammo, she isn't even in focus!:killingpc

Consider yourself a lucky man. Many spouses show no interest. Mine shows some but not near that much.

Well done man, well done!

hardcase54
10-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Consider yourself lucky( reloads and is good looking). I think you have a keeper. My wife and both daughters reload and shoot.

TXGunNut
10-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Easy on the eyes, knows her way around a loading bench.....but can she cook? ;-)

AlaskanGuy
10-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Ok guys.... Here she is on the range, with some very nice load development, and some nice groups from my pretty wife...

Dang gurl wouldn't stop giggling all the way home... She was so excited about her groups with her first reloads.... And then i had to drive her around town so she could show everybody we met (small town so we know everybody)... Needless to say, took us forever to get home, but it was well worth the effort... Lol... I think i am gunna keep her.....

bikerbeans
10-26-2013, 07:01 PM
My wife is very good at UNloading ammunition. She has no interest in learning to load, but I have been able to teach her to recover the spent cases so I am good with the deal.

BB

AlaskanGuy
10-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Just to do her justice with a good pic... She really is a purty little grandma....

btroj
10-26-2013, 07:12 PM
You are a lucky, lucky man. You chose well.

jmort
10-26-2013, 07:17 PM
"My wife is very good at UNloading ammunition."

Now that is funny. Could be a whole lot worse. I use paper plates, but use Sharpie to draw an X

Bad Water Bill
10-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Some folks get all the luck. :smile:

crowbuster
10-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Very nice, love the 22-250 as well. Had to get my wife her own several years ago so she would stop shooting coyotes with mine when i wasnt home. We are lucky. Hope to see you post her first varmint with her reloads.

BRobertson
10-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Cordova has a really nice range!! Probably the nicest in the state!!
My wife loved shooting skeet there!!
I usually went on weekdays and had it all to myself, great for serious load testing!!

Bob

runfiverun
10-26-2013, 09:46 PM
just a little warning.
when they do decide to cast they have a tendency to like using the master caster, my wife will occasionally cast with a lyman 4 cavity or something along those lines [usually fills in for me while I take a break] but much prefers "her" master caster [and 20 sumthin molds for it]
oh they ain't so big on the lubing thing but are great at sorting "stuff"...

jcameron996
10-26-2013, 10:04 PM
I haven't gotten my wife to actually load anything yet, but she does a great job of sizing brass and swaging out primer crimps. I don't know how many thousand 9mm and .223 cases she had done for me. She is also a considerably better lead scrounger than me. For some reason a pretty blond has better luck asking for wheel weights than I do. Go figure.

DeanWinchester
10-26-2013, 10:05 PM
How much did you pay her to pose for that?

Bullshop Junior
10-26-2013, 10:13 PM
I took Amanda out hunting today for the first time. She has been begging me to take her out fox calling. Only got a couple of grouse so she was kinda disappointed. She is a little scared to touch of my 12ga, but I put the last down payment on a 22 mag (savage 93FV) and am waiting for ATF to clear me so I can pick it up. I'm pretty sure she is gonna claim that one. She eyeballs it every time we go into the store.

AlaskanGuy
10-26-2013, 11:32 PM
Wow.. We really started a neat thread here.. My wife is diggin it.. And so am i.... Nice to see so many guys out there having reloading and range fun with thier wives... It is real quality time. I always say "a couple that shoots together, stays together..." That goes hand in hand with "no man was ever shot while doing dishes"..... Lol

Bad Water Bill
10-26-2013, 11:42 PM
Be careful about the fact that you only need a couple Savage actions and you can shoot anything from a 17 Fireball thru 30-06 and bigger just by swapping bbls.

New bbls hanging on the wall just are not as pretty as new rifles hanging there so be warned.

Bullshop Junior
10-27-2013, 12:32 AM
Be careful about the fact that you only need a couple Savage actions and you can shoot anything from a 17 Fireball thru 30-06 and bigger just by swapping bbls.

New bbls hanging on the wall just are not as pretty as new rifles hanging there so be warned.

She has been eye balling this one for awhile. I had all my guns stolen last year and currently only own a 12ga. Trying to start buying some guns and reloading casting equipment again. She has been looking at the 22 mag saying he likes it for quite a while. She has beer actually shot a gun before so I figured this would be a good place for her to shop, plus I'm hoping she will let me take it on the trapline when she doesn't go with me.

starmac
10-27-2013, 01:27 AM
BS Jr does the store in Delta have any 22 mag ammo??

Bullshop Junior
10-27-2013, 01:29 AM
BS Jr does the store in Delta have any 22 mag ammo??

Not anymore :mrgreen:

Just kidding. They have a one box per customer limet. When I was in there this morning they had about 8 boxes of Winchester left. They had a whole shelf of difforant kinds last week. It was like 19.75 a box

starmac
10-27-2013, 01:41 AM
Wow, it seemed like they had gone up a little the last time I was over there, earlier this summer I stopped in and their ammo was cheaper than wallmart, and they had lots of most rifle ammo.

Sportsmans has been getting a little 22 mag ammo every couple of weeks or so. It comes in on tuesday, and is rarely any there wed morning. This week the 17 hmr actually lasted a couple days. If you get the new rifle and wind up with no ammo, give me a shout if you come to town, I could probably spare a couple boxes.

Bullshop Junior
10-27-2013, 01:56 AM
Wow, it seemed like they had gone up a little the last time I was over there, earlier this summer I stopped in and their ammo was cheaper than wallmart, and they had lots of most rifle ammo.

Sportsmans has been getting a little 22 mag ammo every couple of weeks or so. It comes in on tuesday, and is rarely any there wed morning. This week the 17 hmr actually lasted a couple days. If you get the new rifle and wind up with no ammo, give me a shout if you come to town, I could probably spare a couple boxes.

They do have really good prices. I appresiate the offer for the ammo. I have been picking up a box every here and there so I have 3 or 4 boxes right now.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to go to sportsman warehouse because they accused me of stealing from them. I had the contract to clear their sidewalks and had went inside to warm up since it was about 30
Below and they desided I looked suspisious and had me arrested and
Part of the court deal was
If I don't go in there for a year the records go away. So I'm banned until
February.

starmac
10-27-2013, 02:01 AM
That sucks big time.

Bullshop Junior
10-27-2013, 02:18 AM
That sucks big time.

Yea since it's the only store of its kind within 400 miles. It really pissed me off. Luckily I had a clean record with not even so much as a traffic ticket so the judge was pretty good about it. First time I ever went to jail and I won't be going back.

Love Life
10-27-2013, 02:25 AM
I wish my wife would chip in on the reloading. Her and her girlfriends can put a hurtin' on an ammo can full of 9mm in one afternoon.

WILCO
10-27-2013, 04:50 AM
Well... I got a happy wife..

Great OP picture. Happy to see you winning. :)

country gent
10-27-2013, 05:35 AM
Well you have a seacial lady there. My wife would take care of all the case prep for the high power ammo ( even the few rounds she wouldnt shoot) for me. She wasnt comfortable dropping powder charges. Shewould clean her own rifles. She was a range chairman at the ocal club for several years. Unfortunatly the Good Lord called her home 12 years ago. Cherish your wife and never forget any daycan be the last.

binarybro
10-27-2013, 12:01 PM
A very beautiful woman indeed!
She's sounds like a keeper!
Just to do her justice with a good pic... She really is a purty little grandma....

AlaskanGuy
10-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Damm right she can cook... Makes me a great breakfast like this almost every day...85657

What more could a man want.... Did i mention the belly dancing??? Lol. She is just the best. I figure that a man should surround himself with people that are better then he is... I have done just that.

gray wolf
10-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Many of us have been blessed with having beautiful people in our life.
This was/is a nice thread, carry on.

LocoFixer
10-29-2013, 03:53 PM
I have a wife that has been known to push me out of her way to get to the bench. It brings a smile to my face when i come home from work and get told she loaded some rounds and we are going shooting. This summer she tried her hand a casting and now i have ran out of lead, but have a nice stock pile of ammo that we have both enjoyed making. Now if you can teach me the secret to getting a hot breakfast everyday [smilie=1:

rastus
10-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Dang! You're a lucky man, my wife tells me I have too many guns!

375supermag
10-29-2013, 05:24 PM
I have a wife that has been known to push me out of her way to get to the bench. It brings a smile to my face when i come home from work and get told she loaded some rounds and we are going shooting. This summer she tried her hand a casting and now i have ran out of lead, but have a nice stock pile of ammo that we have both enjoyed making. Now if you can teach me the secret to getting a hot breakfast everyday [smilie=1:

It's pretty simple...
Make her breakfast now and again.
You may be surprised what you get for breakfast...

leeggen
10-29-2013, 09:08 PM
He had best be kind to her, she is reloading in the kitchen. I see a knife set there in the corner of the pic. Those women that can cook and shoot are rare but one that reloads also WOW WHAT A FIND!!!!!
Keep her happy.
CD

00buck
10-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Lucky Dog!! My wife thinks bullets are a waste of money :(

runfiverun
10-29-2013, 10:16 PM
let her watch a couple of zombie movies...

AK guy,
I think your wife slightly over cooked the bacon. :lol:

starmac
10-29-2013, 10:43 PM
LOL I like my bacon fairly soft, the wife likes it crispy. Guess how I usually get it, bbbbut I ain't complaining. lol