PDA

View Full Version : .30-06 Dies, Used, may be scratched and rusty

GeorgeOneDollarBill
10-26-2013, 12:41 PM
To all,

I have some used .30-06 dies. They may be scratched and rusty, but they are useable and size full length. No photo is available. Post why you need them and send me an email through the site.
There is no saying when this thread closes or how I will decide who to come and visit!

Disclaimer:
Some people have claimed I am untrustworthy. They have accused me of high crimes and misdemeanors!
Beware!

RED333
10-26-2013, 03:49 PM
I think I know this man, He can be trusted for a very short time.
To long and He will take things.

roscottjr
10-27-2013, 01:37 PM
I have a 30-06 rifle and everything else I need except for a set of dies. I use a Lee beam scale for powder but hope to soon get a digital for checking boolit weight and brass weight. I have been teaching my kids to cast and reload and would like to add my 30-06 to their choirs.

plmitch
10-29-2013, 08:20 PM
I’ll throw my name in for these. I’ve been mentoring a kid who works in the warehouse at my office for a little while now. He’s new to reloading and shooting in general. He inherited an older .30-06 savage bolt gun and I’m teaching him how to shoot and reload. He’s a good kid, newly married with a new baby so money is tight for him and these dies would help him out. Thanks

Bullshop Junior
10-30-2013, 02:56 AM
Ill throw my name in too. I had all my reloading stuff stolen last year. Getting married next summer and am having a hard time finding work, so money is always too tight to buy new gear.

GeorgeOneDollarBill
10-30-2013, 07:20 AM
It's time to close this thread and think about choosing.

Too many good applicants.

Too few Dollar Bills.

GeorgeOneDollarBill
11-02-2013, 01:42 PM
HeHeHe!

Three good leads! I'm going to go visiting! Who knows what I might find!
I didn't even have to hack a database to get their addresses. They fell for my line!

HeHeHe!

KCSO
11-02-2013, 01:54 PM
I have absolutely no use for more rusty dies. I currently have a box of about 20 assorted dies rusting in the corner that I am going to do something with someday. However as I passed by that box today it cried out to me that it was only 1/2 full. Just like a gun rack 1/2 full it demands to be filled to overflowing so I can then go out and buy a new bigger box that wil start out 1/2 full. I don't currently reload 30-06 along with the other calibers I have in the box and will probably only be able to give them a good home with like company until I die and the kids gather round to say, "why the H@!! did he save this stuff". Therefore it is a clear cut choice as to who should be the recipient of your benificence.

GeorgeOneDollarBill
11-02-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm always collecting addresses where nice things are stored.
This is easier than hacking databases.
Are you skeered of George?
Don't be skeered!

GeorgeOneDollarBill
11-03-2013, 01:53 PM
I have to apologize for not getting the .30-06 reloading dies mailed out. My ear is really bothering me. It's my right ear. I hurt it during hunting season. Those stitches are really a pain and the pain meds really slow me down. I hope to have them mailed next Friday.

GeorgeOneDollarBill

BrassMagnet
11-03-2013, 02:04 PM
George,

Sorry about that ear. You should be more careful when cutting onions. There are worse things out there than watering eyes.
Got brass?

BrassMagnet

roscottjr
11-04-2013, 03:36 AM
LOL BM. What happened to your ear George?

Crawdaddy
11-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Read the thread " George and my wife"

roscottjr
11-04-2013, 11:17 PM
oh yea, I forgot about that one. Now I know whats wrong with George.. lmao

GeorgeOneDollarBill
11-10-2013, 11:40 AM
I was going to get these sent out, but I can't find them!
They were Eagle brand and I know they are somewhere safe. I just can't find them. I think I even had them boxed and ready to go!
Anyhow, I am having some health issues which are really slowing me down.
My right ear really hurts. The stitches really itch and the cut might be infected.
I ran into something that hurts my eyes worse than the sliced onions. I don't know what it was. I tripped over something and I got sprayed. Maybe it was a skunk or something. Anyhow, I ran away before it could spray me again.
Maybe in a week or two I might get these mailed out if I can find them.
I did find some 8x57 FL dies.

Crawdaddy
11-10-2013, 03:08 PM
I have it on good authority that you also have blisters on your back side from getting pushed into a wood stove!

roscottjr
11-10-2013, 03:22 PM
I think I may have a dna sample to identify George. Right as you walk into my shop there is a weak spot in the floor. Everyone who knows me also knows about that weak spot. The day I found a USPS box on the floor of my shop with a set of dies and some 30-06 brass there was also a hole in that same spot of the floor, like someone stepped through it. I noticed some blood and what appears to be a small piece of flesh. Now here is the kicker, I would assume it happened when he entered since the USPS box was just in the floor but if this is so, it must not be too bad because I have now confirmed my lead pot and ladle are missing. Now that section of my shop is only about 14 inches off the ground so the injury will should be below the knee. That leads me to my problem, I know George has been causing some problems but if this was in fact George in my shop, I feel the brass and dies are possibly worth more than the lead pot and ladle so I am somewhat ok with the situation. I am left with a hole in the floor I need to fix but it was bound to happen anyway. I suppose it is a good thing it wasn't myself or my kids that fell through. Of course then again, there are stories about intruders getting hurt breaking into someone's home only to sue the homeowner and win. I am not real sure what I should do. Any suggestions?