PDA

View Full Version : The Saga Continues

44MAG#1
10-26-2013, 04:57 AM
Has anyone received their XDs from Springfield yet? If so are you happy with it?
Surely someone somewhere has received theirs by now.
I wonder how much longer this will continue?
BTW I have read their latest update so no need to rehash what they have already said about customers saying they are "pleased" with their upgraded XDS's.
What would they say "people hate the upgrade and we have fouled up"? That wouldn't be a good psychological move on their part.
Myself I am going to scrutinize mine very closely when I get it back.
How about the rest of you?
If it is good I will be very happy and if it isn't I am going to be very unhappy.

ultramag
10-26-2013, 05:40 AM
I've read several reports on the XD Talk forum of people getting them back. For the most part folks seem happy with the triggers in the updated XDs's. There are of course some that can tell it's not as good, one that squeaks as it's pulled, and one poster who was extremely distraught that his was dirty when it was shipped back. As I said, the majority of what's posted seems positive. I'm getting close to going ahead and sending my two back. I think I'm going to wait until after the first of the year to let SA get the backlog worked down and it will be in that time of year when I'm not shooting much anyway so I won't miss them too much.

Please post up a report on yours when you get it back. I'd like to hear what someone here has to say. The instant the recall notice hit the XDS portion of the forums over there went goofy and it hasn't really even slowed down since.

44MAG#1
10-26-2013, 05:44 AM
As I understand, and hope I am wrong, they are sending them back in a cheap black case that isn't like the cases they came in. They are without the mag compartments no place for the mag carrier or the fake mainspring housing etc.
I want my case that my gun came in with the compartments etc.. Am I wrong in this?

ultramag
10-26-2013, 06:09 AM
As I understand, and hope I am wrong, they are sending them back in a cheap black case that isn't like the cases they came in. They are without the mag compartments no place for the mag carrier or the fake mainspring housing etc.
I want my case that my gun came in with the compartments etc.. Am I wrong in this?

No, not wrong at all. If I'd sent in my box the pistol came in it's what I'd expect back.

I don't think this will be an issue for you. What is happening, as I understand, is that when the recall first hit the web SA's instruction was to send the pistol only back in a Fed Ex box. No mags, no XD gear, no box, no anything. Just the gun. Several who sent them really quick did this. They were wrapping the guns in bubble wrap and dropping them into a cardboard Fed Ex box. I don't believe I would've ever sent mine that way but I did personally read those instructions from SA. Anyway, the guns that were sent as I described above are coming back to the owners in those cheapy black plastic boxes you've heard about. It's my understanding that those boxes are used by SA to ship the pistols from the manufacturer in Croatia over to the States where they are then repackaged into the nicer boxes with all the cut outs for the mags, gear, etc. like we buy them.

The instructions from SA later changed to being fine to send the guns back in their boxes, but only the guns, no extras. Those that sent them in that way are getting their guns back in their original boxes with serial numbers matching.

Considering the mess this is to deal with it sounds like SA is doing a really good job and making the best out of a bad situation for all. Also, if you haven't heard, the guns are shipping back with a free magazine as well. They are including the the +2 capacity mags with the plastic sleeve with each gun for the inconvenience.

Hope all this helps ease your mind a little. It's trying to have a gun out for repair like this I know. I've had more issues with guns this year than I have in my whole life. I've already sent and received two guns for warranty work this year, have two XDs's that need to go back, and here just a couple weeks ago I became the newest addition to the I was shooting my SR1911 and the front sight just disappeared club. I haven't even called Ruger yet. Getting fed up....5 guns in one year!!!

44MAG#1
10-26-2013, 06:19 AM
As I have stated in other threads about the recall I couldn't care less about the new mag and will be sending Mr. Reese an MO paying them for the mag. I want nothing free from Springfield except my gun fixed properly and me getting it back.
The "free" mag is a weak gesture at best. But better than nothing but close to it. Since they probably don't have 11 or 12 dollars in the mag , or maybe less, but some will be like a kid at Christmas time with the new mag.

cwheel
10-27-2013, 06:44 AM
That cheap black box it is being returned in might then explain the photo in the latest update. The photo shows stacks of black boxes and no FedEx boxes, or the ones we were told to use to return them. Still think we are a few weeks away from seeing them, at least those of us that returned them early in the recall. They could be giving dealers and distributors a preference to get them selling again. Who knows for sure, still think we should see them soon.
Chris,

cwheel
10-27-2013, 11:54 PM
Went over to the XD forum and it appears to be as ultramag states. Those of us who shipped in cardboard will get back a cheap plastic box, and that's fine with me, sounds like a throw away anyway. Some mixed reports on the trigger pull thing but by Springfield's description, it should run about half a pound heavier than when sent. Some owners posting about those pistols returned didn't seam to mind the change, some others did saying it was not the pistol they originally bought. Don't think there will be any recourse if you don't like the change. Talked about by many over there might be a kit in the works that is aftermarket to make the trigger somewhat better like the kit made for Glocks. Don't think I like the idea of having to buy an aftermarket kit to bring the trigger pull back to the way I bought it, but without having it in my hand to judge it, it's to early to call. By the dates sent, it looks like those of us who sent pistols early in Sept. should start seeing them in the next week or two. Pics of the fix looked clever enough in concept, see what it actually looks like when mine gets here. There seams to be a way to check out the status of yours on line, I just wasn't able to find a link to it or any other trace of that type of system.
Chris