PDA

View Full Version : Business software

crabo
10-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Any recommendations for computer software to keep track of expenses and to organize data? We are going to use this in our bee business.

Thanks,

Red Sky
10-25-2013, 10:05 PM
If you aren't in need of enterprise level solutions, going for open source software is a great way to get a good and FREE product. Most of your options will fall under GNU/GPL (Linux stuff, but most are available pre-compiled for windows - and source can still be compiled and wrapped into an installer for windows if needed).

Start here: http://www.gnucash.org/

If that does not do it for you, just search around a bit. If you find something that you cannot get an installer for (source code only), feel free to let me know and I'll compile it into an MSI (installer package) for you.

There are loads of great options out there and I'm sure you'll find something you love and paid exactly nothing to use (legally!).

Adam10mm
10-26-2013, 01:19 AM
Quickbooks has been working fine for me since 2006.

Bzcraig
10-26-2013, 01:57 AM
Quickbooks has been working fine for me since 2006.

For me since 1996

crabo
10-26-2013, 02:04 AM
Basically I just want to track income and expenses in several different areas. I need it to be fairly simple to use.

I have a book keeper to put it all together.

MaryB
10-26-2013, 02:26 AM
Quickbooks is all cloud based now mostly. Might be able to get a stand alone but not sure. I don't trust my data being stored online for the government to snoop through.

dbosman
10-26-2013, 02:46 PM
For a PC running Windows, Quick Books is the simple and first answer. If you pay employees there is a catch. You have to purchase the tax tables each year. Unless your book keeper is really old school, they'll be able to take your Quick Books files as is.

theperfessor
10-26-2013, 02:50 PM
We have used Quickbooks for our mini-storage business for a loooong time. Wife does books and she is happy with it.

williamwaco
10-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Quick books is excellent but it may be overkill.

I know a few people who use Quicken for very small businesses.

You can download either one of them and try them for free.

( This is just a comment. Not a recommendation. )
Your question is akin to "What is the absolute best powder for my . . . ."

That said, I just noticed that you have a bookkeeper.

By all means, use what your bookkeeper is already familiar with.
You don't want to pay for educating your bookkeeper on a new program.