PDA

View Full Version : Reloading Gear...Market Finally Saturated

Suo Gan
10-24-2013, 11:38 PM
Sigh...it was fun while it lasted!!

Not quite there...almost. Manufactures still are behind about six months. The pressure is letting up. Can't even get a hundred bucks from a Lee Loader in 30-30 or a $150 for a brick of 22's anymore. Don't people know that the government wants to take all their guns, and ammo is being horded by our government, and that Obama is a commie...there has got to be more money out there than this! Dig deep people, dig deep. Horde some more, its only money!!

Please call me up when you are selling the things you bought for a buck on the nickel ;) I might be able to help you out...Mr. Zombie Killer.

I had fun with it. Saw it coming from twenty miles away. As much as it pains me, I am sorry to see all the zombie killers running out of cash, they are tapping out, after only five years??!!! What gives?

NOW the rednecks have a chance again. Buy it before the zombie killers return after Hillary is elected. Buy a little extra and sell it to the zombie killers, those far sighted chaps that...must have gun...NOW! Need much ammo too! Me buyem ALL ammo for killem zombies! Who do I write check too?

Gotta love those fellas. They keep life interesting, and my swimming pool heated!

Springfield0612
10-25-2013, 04:08 PM
I got a Lee 4 hole auto index turret press last week with a Lee Safety scale for the cost of 1000 9mm brass that I got free from picking up after other shooter out here on the public lands, and 1000 cast 9mm bullets made from the lead that other shooters leave in the berms out here on public lands. The guy is one that you speak of. Bought all this reloading stuff and didn't want it anymore because he can buy factory ammo now. He said he was going to have his buddy reload the stuff I gave him until they can save more money to buy factory ammo. There are still people on armslist.com in WA trying to sell primers for $60-$75/1000 and still have .22 LR for sale at $80-$100/1000, and trying to sell powder for $40-$50/pound. All of it is in stock at most local stores here except the .22 LR still flys off the shelves.
Theres a guy on the Seattle armslist selling a Lee Pro 1000, 3 shell plates, 1 carrier, 3 turrets, case feeder and tubes, no dies and wants $175. 6 months ago this would have gone for $500+ on eBay. It has begun!

starmac
10-25-2013, 04:33 PM
I was in our local lgs the other day, and they had the rcbs reloading kit on sale, and a sign saying save money reloading. lol
I ask if they had any powder, nope, so I asked how one would save money with the kit. lol He said you would save a bunch, because you weren't getting any powder. lol

I was in there the week before and a guy was looking for a varmint rifle, he looked at three different calibers, but there was no ammo for any of them, so he left empty handed.
It has to suck trying to sell a gun that you can't provide ammo for.

novalty
10-25-2013, 04:42 PM
The LGS and Cabelas generally reserve ammo most of the caliber guns they have so buyers can buy a box for the gun they purchase. However, I overheard my LGS tell a customer that brick of 500 CCI 22's was $79.99.

Springfield0612
10-25-2013, 05:16 PM
The LGS and Cabelas generally reserve ammo most of the caliber guns they have so buyers can buy a box for the gun they purchase. However, I overheard my LGS tell a customer that brick of 500 CCI 22's was $79.99.

Whaaaa?!??!?!?! F#$% That!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a report I found here local.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/ammunition-reloading/151662-hell-thing-i-just-heard-2.html

bhn22
10-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Stock up now, it'll be restarting soon with the mid-term elections.

williamwaco
10-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Lots of stuff is in much better supply but I have two buddies who have been trying to buy a 9mm Carbide die set for six months and neither has found one.

I spotted a Lyman set on Midwayusa about two weeks ago. I called the first buddie I could get a hold of to see if I should order it.
By the time he answered the phone and said "YES" I went back to the computer and it was "out of stock"

Love Life
10-25-2013, 08:57 PM
I called it. It coincides with the normal buy/sell cycle of the year.

GRUMPA
10-25-2013, 09:42 PM
It must be regional I guess. I'm getting calls from folks that live in Phoenix that have a hard time finding some things. Around here they have rifles and no ammo.

So for me it's like the guys there to clean the dust off the shelves cause there aint much there. Most of what I want/need I get from here and if your patient you can usually find it. Don't know about wallyworld though it's just to far to drive when we have the market 30 miles closer.

TNsailorman
10-25-2013, 11:09 PM
Gun shop owners around here have guns, even ar's but since they don't have ammo or components for them, they are basically sitting on the racks. They have and are ordering but can't get anything but backorder promises. If you shoot a .50 cal. ma deuce or equivalent you have no problem but shoot an ordinary caliber and you are out of luck. Maybe it will change but not as long as people who don't really need keeps grabbing everything in sight. I feel sorry for the beginning shooters and reloaders. I am concerned that we are loosing people interested in the shooting sports because of this situation. They may give up and never come back and that doesn't sit well for the future of shooting in the country. my take anyway, james

gmsharps
10-25-2013, 11:38 PM
I have never bought ammo when I have purchased a firearm. When I am looking for a firearm I am looking for either availability or price of the firearm. Ammunition is not even a consideration at that time. Due mainly to the fact that I already have ammo or I can make it. I have purchased a 9x56MS rifle that there is no ammo made and you have to do it all yourself. I think this is the time period to get some great deals on firearms because the dealers need to move stock to survive. just sayin

gmsharps

Garyshome
10-25-2013, 11:47 PM
There is plenty of stuff around here but ammo is still pricy! Most likely sign of future ammo prices. Powder & primers are up, but available.

seagiant
10-26-2013, 12:06 AM
Hi,
Last Gunshow I went to(FL) no powder! Primers at $40/1000 the woman said 9 months backlog on powder!

Oreo
10-26-2013, 12:13 AM
I don't mind the hoarding. It is inconvenient but it sends a message to our politicians that there is still a sizeable population in this country, armed to the teeth, who have limits and values that ought not be challenged.

Moonman
10-26-2013, 04:26 AM
It never hurts TO STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE.

L Erie Caster
10-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Lots of stuff is in much better supply but I have two buddies who have been trying to buy a 9mm Carbide die set for six months and neither has found one.

I spotted a Lyman set on Midwayusa about two weeks ago. I called the first buddie I could get a hold of to see if I should order it.
By the time he answered the phone and said "YES" I went back to the computer and it was "out of stock"

If you are still looking, Midway has Lee sets

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/885350/lee-deluxe-carbide-4-die-set-9mm-luger

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/140349/lee-carbide-3-die-set-9mm-luger

s1120
10-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Im kinda worse case living in NY... but reloading stuff is starting to fill the shelves. I think its the fact that the diehard shooters are the ones reloading, and stocking up... not the guys just buying up for one hunting rifle, or to resell, buying up ammo. My local shop that deals with primers, and powders had plenty of primers, and didn't eaven have a limit. Powders were pretty well stocked also. Im not a big buyer..I just buy with extra cash I find in my pockets... but picked up a lb of BE powder thatI could not find pre panic, and 1000 SPP. Ammo is filling up [except 22... I realy need to find some CCI SV! ] rifles are still bringing top buck though. Bolth used and new. I had been looking for a nice used 22 rifle... no go, all used ones I found were running almost the cost of new, and that's if you found one! I ended up getting a new XT22TR marlin for what most used ones cost. Im shopping now for a 30-06 bolt, or a 30-30 lever...but that's going to wait till the market gets a little better for me. I do see a light at the end of the tunnel...not sure if its a locomotive or not though...

500MAG
10-27-2013, 08:30 AM
Sigh...it was fun while it lasted!!

Not quite there...almost. Manufactures still are behind about six months. The pressure is letting up. Can't even get a hundred bucks from a Lee Loader in 30-30 or a $150 for a brick of 22's anymore. Don't people know that the government wants to take all their guns, and ammo is being horded by our government, and that Obama is a commie...there has got to be more money out there than this! Dig deep people, dig deep. Horde some more, its only money!!

Please call me up when you are selling the things you bought for a buck on the nickel ;) I might be able to help you out...Mr. Zombie Killer.

I had fun with it. Saw it coming from twenty miles away. As much as it pains me, I am sorry to see all the zombie killers running out of cash, they are tapping out, after only five years??!!! What gives?

NOW the rednecks have a chance again. Buy it before the zombie killers return after Hillary is elected. Buy a little extra and sell it to the zombie killers, those far sighted chaps that...must have gun...NOW! Need much ammo too! Me buyem ALL ammo for killem zombies! Who do I write check too?

Gotta love those fellas. They keep life interesting, and my swimming pool heated!

I put in a huge order with Natchez last December and sold it all on eBay through June and made a killing. I must have sold close to 300 moulds.