PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Press Rams - How many different ones are there ?

Dr.S
10-24-2013, 01:46 AM
I have no clue how to bid on these presses with the change-o rams.

starmac
10-24-2013, 04:08 AM
Al of them that I have been around have a universal adapter. I almost bought an old wells c press last week that had the large screw in shell holders. I don't need it, but it was about twice the size of most c presses, so I talked myself out of it, then talked myself into it and went back, but it was gone and I was glad. lol

Dan Cash
10-24-2013, 06:41 AM
Johnf, your little picture is in the utmost bad taste and has no place on this forum. If it is representative of your skill and intellect, take it and your self off to never never land.

Dr.S
10-24-2013, 06:52 AM
Johnf, your little picture is in the utmost bad taste and has no place on this forum. If it is representative of your skill and intellect, take it and your self off to never never land.
Just trying to add a little levity,if you consider that the "utmost in bad taste' you must live a sheltered life.I've put you on my ignore list as it was the utmost thing I can do.

Pressman
10-24-2013, 10:34 PM
John, there are a lot of rams out there. They were the norm until RCBS came up with the snap in shellholder in 1955. Repalcement rams are still available and a note to starmac. You should have bought the Wells. It uses the same ram as everyone else, ie: you can swap it for a replacement ram that uses snap in shellholders.
Ken

starmac
10-25-2013, 12:03 AM
Pressman I didn't need it or really have any use for it. I don't collect them, but I do like old iron and this one was a lot bigger (twice) as most old C presses I've seen. He was asking a little much for it, with no nibbles. I talked to him several times as he had a 141 rem I kept going back and looking at, also just a little more than I wanted to give.

I did go back the next day before the show closed to make him an offer on the wells, but it was gone, hopefully to someone that needed it.