PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Turbo

bikerbeans
10-23-2013, 07:58 AM
Hi All,

I was chosen to participate in a whitetail hunt for disabled hunters last weekend. The hunt was sponsored by the N***, Wheelin' Sportsmen, ODNR and many of the local business. Hunt was in SE Ohio, shotgun or muzzleloader only.

I used my HR1871 12ga USH LITE with Turbo's 1 3/8 HB fullbore slugs over a bunch of Blue Dot. I saw only one deer and shooting downhill from about 50 yards I anchored it in on the spot. The deer was feeding when I shot so I put the x-hairs between the shoulder blades and the slug exited through the sternum and into the mud; couldn't find it, too deep in the muck. The guide said it looked like someone hit the deer with a giant fly swatter, it just when straight down and that was it. I am waiting for pics from the guide so will post if I get one from him. (I know, it didn't happen without a photo :smile:)

Now I am hoping to get a chance to try one of these slugs on hog. Well shall see.'

BB

jmort
10-23-2013, 09:11 AM
That must have hit like a freight train. Pictures please.

cpileri
10-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I'm interested too!

hatcreek
10-25-2013, 05:34 PM
I also. HC

bikerbeans
10-25-2013, 07:06 PM
No pics yet, so I guess I am going to have to shoot another deer with this slug load and take my own photo. My wife said if I would get rid of my flipphone and get a smart phone I would have a photo. I told I don't want to own a piece of electronics that is smarter than I am. Ohio's gun season opens on Dec 1st so maybe I have a little bit of luck left & can get another deer a picture or two.

BB