PDA

View Full Version : Winchester 670 (70) WFN Feeding Tips.

TXGunNut
10-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Had my old 30-06 670 rebored to 35 Whelen and would like to use a WFN boolit in it. Problem is it doesn't feed well from the right side of the magazine, especially the last round in the magazine. Cartridge jumps out of the magazine when it starts forward and the base jumps away from the bolt face. Left side feeds OK, just takes a good push. Noses seem to be hanging up on what I'd call a feed ramp at the front of the frame. Tweaked and smoothed the magazine box lips and that helped some but I'm looking for a little more positive feed. I'm thinking the ramp needs a little polishing but not sure how to go about it, hoping it doesn't need to be re-shaped.
Any tips?

Artful
10-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Depending upon the angle of the dangle I've use the Dremel with abrasive embeded bullet shaped rubber tips.
followup with felt of the same shape with jewelers rouge or Flitz for final polish

TXGunNut
10-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Not a big fan of dremel tools; used a Bic Stic pen, emery cloth and masking tape do the deed. Boolits still run into the back of the chamber now and then but with this rifle, these boolits, I'm afraid that's the best I can do.