PDA

View Full Version : Tough week, but victorious!

DLCTEX
10-19-2013, 03:58 PM
The week began with my wife hydroplaning, doing a 360, and crashing into trees in her car. She was shaken and sore, but only real damage was to the car.
My daughter-in-law, who is an RN and works in ER had a migraine induced stroke Wednesday at work. If you have to have one, I guess that's the place to do it. She came home yesterday and is doing well.
My brother Danny that I requested prayer for recently was having chest pains and was scheduled for by-pass Monday but his blood was too thin until Friday morning. He has now had 5 by-passes and is in recovery My brother Ronnie had chest pains and received his 23 rd. stent since his 4 by-pass surgery 15 years ago Thursday morning. He is recovering well.
My brother Jerry has had two by-pass surgeries and a few weeks ago had a bad heart attack and lost more of his heart. The Dr. who treated him at that time, said he couldn't survive another by-pass and the artery couldn't be stented. Thursday morning he had another heart attack and was life flighted. Fortunately another Dr. was on duty and went in with a stent and opened the artery. He is recovering and is having some issues with fluid in his lungs that is probably due to being allergic to the Plavix they gave him.
Those three and myself appear to be allergic to Plavix and the Drs. keep insisting we take it. I refused it and am doing fine. Danny's Dr. said if anyone prescribed him Plavix again, just smell the paper it was written on and toss it.
Thursday my niece Jamie was diagnosed with a blood clot on her lung, but it was found to be an inflammation of the lining instead and she is expected to recover well. We as a family are so blessed and are planning a Thanksgiving family reunion next month to celebrate. God is good!

missionary5155
10-20-2013, 06:12 AM
Good morning Brother
Sounds like your family has enough experience with physical needs to be of real encouragement to those who are facing the hospital for the first time.
Will pray you all can be together rejoicing in our God on Thankgiving.
Mike in Peru

DLCTEX
10-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Jerry is off Plavix and the improvement is dramatic. He's planning our next fishing trip!

Gibbs44
10-20-2013, 11:14 PM
No joking on a tough week, that'd be a pretty tough year in most people's book. I'm glad to hear everyone made it though. Prayers sent for everyone's recovery and a happy Thanksgiving to remember.

Charlie Two Tracks
10-21-2013, 08:46 AM
I am very glad to hear that your family members are doing better. I will pray for your get-to-gether Thanksgiving. Thanks for your positive attitude.

Wis. Tom
10-21-2013, 08:57 AM
Wow, a season of testing. Praying for you and your family.

mold maker
10-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Sounds as if the old devil has been busy trying to seperate your family, from it's church roots. The joke is on him though. Celebrating Thanksgiving proves it can't be done.
Better days ahead, we're all praying for you.

Bzcraig
10-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Thank God for good outcomes in what seems hopeless circumstances.

waksupi
10-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Prayers to the family.

mroliver77
10-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Prayers and more prayers for you all!

DLCTEX
10-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Jerry and Danny both went home today! I will drive the 200 miles and visit them tomorrow in combination with a business trip that I volunteered for to do the visit.