PDA

View Full Version : Need information on Ranch Dog TLC 411-255 gas check.

littlejack
10-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Hey members:
I posted this on the "Gas Checks" site. I figured that I would post it here also in case someone has the information to share, that did not see it there.

Anyway, I bought the Ranch Dog mold stated in the title from RobRoy. I need to get some checks for the boolits on the way. I know that there are members on the CastBoolits that cast/check and shoot this boolit. Can anyone of you give me dimensions of the gas check shank or tell me which checks you use .410 or .416 checks??????
You information is greatly appreciated.
Jack

dmize
10-19-2013, 09:02 AM
I use .416 on mine as recommended by Michael aka RanchDog

Tatume
10-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Hi Jack,

I use Gator 416 gas checks, as supplied by Blammer. Send him a PM and he'll give you directions on how to order and what is available. It appears he currently has 410 Lyman and 416 Gator.

http://www.blammersboard.com/

Take care, Tom

Combat Diver
10-19-2013, 08:19 PM
I've got the same bullet mold from RD stans the GC. I was my prefered bullet for my Smith 58 when I've been to Alaska. My Contender, Ruger and Marlin like it too.

littlejack
10-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Thank you all for your replies.
Now I have to decide which person to get my checks from. I wouldn't imagine that one brand/maker/distributor's checks would be better than the other. The checks from each distributor may well be made by the same maker. I will PM each of the makers that I can contact, and decide from there.
Thank you all again for your replies.
Regards
Jack