PDA

View Full Version : Sarco's quality

Denver
11-05-2007, 12:27 AM
I was browsing Sarco's website under "Actions" where they have listed 93/94 Mauser actions at very attractive prices. In addition, there's a listing for "New Arrivals" Short 98 Actions described as Excellent condition with pics of same. The pic shows an action that is so rusted and corroded, you wouldn't use it for a door stop. :confused: I assume it was put up by mistake and they haven't caught it yet, so I emailed them about it to see what they have to say.
Just wondering if anyone here has had dealings with them, and what were your results?

Ron :castmine:

Bret4207
11-05-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm not so sure it was a mistake..... I had a similar deal many years ago on "Like New" 98 actions. They usable in a beater, but not for what I had in mind. Buyer beware.

PatMarlin
11-05-2007, 09:44 AM
I bought a nice 1911A1 from them. No problems and good phone comunications. I'd call em and see what's up.

fal_762x51
11-05-2007, 08:01 PM
I get a lot of stuff from Sarco, remember most of the stuff is surplus. Hard on the eyes sometimes, but all functions well.

Char-Gar
11-20-2007, 12:23 PM
I bought a truly primo Persian 98/29 from them and later a barreled action of the same rifle. Both were excellent buys.

Ooops.. Senior Moment... I bought the above from Samco

Ricochet
11-20-2007, 12:55 PM
I was very happy with the K-31 and the Persian I got from them. The sling they sold me for the Persian was a ***, though, a cracked, rotten old P-14 sling that couldn't be fastened. So they may have QC issues. They took the sling back; I had to pay postage.

Shiloh
11-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Caveat Emptor: Let the buyer beware.

Just like the posts here, there is both the good, bad, and the really bad. I bought an '03 follower and spring once. Pretty hard to screw that up.

"You pays your monies, and takes your chances"

Shiloh :castmine:

mike in co
11-20-2007, 10:16 PM
i bought 2 98's for 200 bucks...i just wanted good recvr's. what i got was a like new un issued 8mm mauser( a preduce 44 rebuilt action new bbl) and the second was what i paid for a great action with a tired bore, but a great stock.

i once ordered an ar bbl from them. after SIX WEEKS of no action by them a cancelled the order.

its sorta a crap shoot with them.

as far as whats on the action list...the last time i called they said they had NONE, inspite of what was on thier site.

mike

monadnock#5
11-22-2007, 10:48 AM
My Wife's Hi-Power came with one mag. I bought a new mag mail order from a well known maker of clone mags. ***, requires a karate move to seat it, and breaks nails coming out. A couple of years ago, Sarco offered a small shipment up for sale, so I bought one. Perfect, no rust and functions perfectly. I wish I had bought three more. That's the trouble with mail order and big corporations, caveat emptor, and don't let a good experience set you up for the scam of the century.

texas tenring
11-26-2007, 10:20 AM
I was browsing Sarco's website under "Actions" where they have listed 93/94 Mauser actions at very attractive prices. In addition, there's a listing for "New Arrivals" Short 98 Actions described as Excellent condition with pics of same. The pic shows an action that is so rusted and corroded, you wouldn't use it for a door stop. :confused: I assume it was put up by mistake and they haven't caught it yet, so I emailed them about it to see what they have to say.
Just wondering if anyone here has had dealings with them, and what were your results?

Ron :castmine:

I called them just a few days ago, they have no mauser actions of any kind in stock. I asked when they would have some and the lady had no idea. They just continue to advirtise.
About a year ago I sent them an FFL and a money order for some turk mauser actions and they returned my money order and said they were out of stock.

EMC45
11-26-2007, 10:48 AM
I have asked Sarco if my C&R would do on the reclaimed Mauser actions. They said no. What gives?

leadhead
11-26-2007, 12:40 PM
EMC45,
Any action is not concidered C&R because it can be "made" into something else.
Denny

Ricochet
11-26-2007, 02:48 PM
To be C&R, the rifle has to stay in substantially original configuration. Barreled actions aren't C&R. I think ones over 50 years old may still qualify on that basis, but I'm not sure.

mtnman31
11-26-2007, 08:59 PM
My personal experience with them has been hit and miss. My first order was for some rifle parts that were pristine and looked like they were new. Second order was for some magazines that looked like they had been used as wheel chocks. They were rather beat up and rusty. As someone else said - caveat emptor.

I try and shop around. Though sometimes you have to use a vendor or store that you don't really care for simply because they are the only ones with it - sort of like my love-hate relationship with eBay.