PDA

View Full Version : Weekend shoot

melw
11-04-2007, 10:44 PM
This weekend was our annual pumpkin shoot. Good folks, good food and shooting.
Many of my cast Boolits went down range. I suppled some of the ammo for a friend to shoot. I load a lot more .45 ACP on my Pro 1000 then he can on his single stage.:mrgreen:
I used my 1911 and .45 camp carbine and had a blast! We did do some long range rifle with those J word bullets.
Had so much fun I had to share.
Mel W.

redbear705
11-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Hi...I see you were shooting a camp45.

I just bought one and am having a problem with the trigger being VERY hard to pull.

Is this normal or do I have an issue?

I see that the recoil buffer is disintigrating and I wonder if some of the debris got into the trigger mechanisim.

Also I see that marlin sells recoil buffers but I also have seen an aftermarket buffer and I wonder if one is better than the other....Thanks JR

melw
11-04-2007, 11:53 PM
You are correct Sir! My camp45 has a ok trigger. You could be right about the debris. I would be careful about what I used to clean the trigger group. The housing is plastic and some solvents can harm it. The buffers are available form Midway as well as Marlin. Here is a link to a supplier of them.
http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=196

You might like to replace the recoil spring as well. The stock one is way to weak for .45. That is why the buffer is going to pieces. It also throws brass way to far with the stock spring.
I bought my spring from Wolf springs. The brass is closer now. Befor it would toss it about 9 or 10 yards away.

There is a Carbine group on yahoo groups. Lots of good info there.

Humm Oh wate!
Sorry it ts beyond repair! But I will give you $50.00 for it![smilie=1:

Good luck!:-D
Mel W.