PDA

View Full Version : 91 Argentine Extractor Question

Uncle Grinch
10-17-2013, 01:50 PM
I posted this over on another forum and haven't had any feedback yet, so I thought I would try it here....

Need some ideas on tweaking the extractor on a 91 Argentine to work more reliably with the smaller than normal 35 Rem cartridge. It feeds good, but often fails to extract.

I realize the rim diameter of the 35 Rem is smaller than the standard .473. Is it possible to remove some metal on the underside of the extractor at the bolt face end so it sits lower and thereby allowing a better bite on the rim?

Anybody have any experience modifing these to fit the 35 Rem/

whelenshooter
10-17-2013, 02:12 PM
I have a 91 but still in 7.65. However I also have a model 93 in 35 remington that has the same problem you have even though the extractor is different. If I open the bolt quickly the case stays with the extractor long enough to hit the ejector but otherwise it ends up just laying on the follower or next cartridge. Somewhere I saw this addressed. It may have been in Jerry Kuhnhausen's book if you have access to it. That's not much help but maybe a starting point.

I posted this over on another forum and haven't had any feedback yet, so I thought I would try it here....

Need some ideas on tweaking the extractor on a 91 Argentine to work more reliably with the smaller than normal 35 Rem cartridge. It feeds good, but often fails to extract.

I realize the rim diameter of the 35 Rem is smaller than the standard .473. Is it possible to remove some metal on the underside of the extractor at the bolt face end so it sits lower and thereby allowing a better bite on the rim?

Anybody have any experience modifing these to fit the 35 Rem/

Uncle Grinch
10-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks, I have jerry's book, but have not found anything about modifying it yet.

Pavogrande
10-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Well, I did not modify mine, but i did hand carve a new one out of a bit of tool steel stock -- not difficult -