PDA

View Full Version : Lee Pro 4-20 Spout Assembly Problem

DHC
10-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Well, I fired up a brand new Lee Pro 4-20 furnace yesterday. Having read about the persistent drip problem, I was ready for that. What I was NOT prepared for was a constant pour that developed around the spout assembly. Looking into the pot, I see what appears to be a flange for attachment of the spout assembly to the pot. From what I gather, the entire assembly became loosened and molten lead begin to pour from around the edges of the spout assembly. I had further problems with the spout itself, but those were minor compared to the uncontrolled (and uncontrollable) leak I encountered. How does the spout assembly attach to the pot? If I can find a way to repair that connection (needs to be repaired at operating temperature), then I may be able to continue using this pot.

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.

- Dan

magnetik
10-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Well, I fired up a brand new Lee Pro 4-20 furnace yesterday. Having read about the persistent drip problem, I was ready for that. What I was NOT prepared for was a constant pour that developed around the spout assembly. Looking into the pot, I see what appears to be a flange for attachment of the spout assembly to the pot. From what I gather, the entire assembly became loosened and molten lead begin to pour from around the edges of the spout assembly. I had further problems with the spout itself, but those were minor compared to the uncontrolled (and uncontrollable) leak I encountered. How does the spout assembly attach to the pot? If I can find a way to repair that connection (needs to be repaired at operating temperature), then I may be able to continue using this pot.

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.

- Dan

fwiw, I just started casting and had the same issue.. all the posts regarding leaky lee pots discussed leaking from the spout. Mine leaked all around the spout and prevented me from dispensing lead once it hardened a bit on the guide. It turned out to be a loose spout. I fixed it by draining the pot and using some pliers to tighten it down. It screws into threads at bottom of the pot. No leaks anymore from around the spout.

dragonrider
10-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Take the inner pot out of the outer case and you will see the spout is held on with a nut, it must be loose, tighten it and it should be fine.