PDA

View Full Version : 225107 and the TCM

roysha
10-15-2013, 11:13 AM
Well, I finally got my dies from ASW. A while back I was able to cast a batch of 225107, both GC and PB with my NOE mold. They are all GCed, (PB is PB not GCed) sized and lubed and ready to go.

Has anyone done any loading of the TCM with this bullet? If so, what loads and results? I'm thinking if I can stay in the 1900-2000 fps range I should be ok but I'm not sure where to start with the powder charge or what kind. Any thoughts would be welcome.

It's autumn and I now have time to do some shooting. Plus the weather is nearly perfect.

NHPaul
10-15-2013, 05:10 PM
84408I have the same mould and it casts beautifully NOE makes a great product. I have been casting these little 37 grains in pure linotype 29 Bhn gas checked with an aluminum gas check. They are painful to hanlde they are so small but they shoot nice. I am still working on loads i tried the reccomended H110 at 10.5 grains and it was OK got 1950 fps out of them and decent accuracy. then I tried 2400 NOT good got 900-1000 fps with 9 grains which was the heaviest I loaded and it would not cycle the gun. Next attempt was a slightly faster powder LilGun this looks really promising I did 10.5 to start and got 2250-2300 fps decent cycling went to 11 grains and got 2450-2500 fps no signs of over pressure gun ran perfect accuracy was good out at 15 yds, the huge fireball is mostly gone!!! I am going to try lighter loads of this same powder. Based on case volumes and pressures 90% of 22 hornet loads appears to be a good starting point. I do want to try aa9 which is slightly faster burning than the LilGun but LilGun seems like a better choice than h110.

roysha
10-15-2013, 10:49 PM
I never even considered AA9. I have a part of a can I bought some years ago to use behind a 305 grain projectile in the 44 mag. I am definitely going to check that out.

As much as I would like 110/296 to work, I have never had much in the way of satisfactory results in anything I have tried it in. Not that the results were necessarily bad, just other products were better.

I can't get Lilgun because of the lunacy still prevailing in regard to components and such. However, as soon as I can find some I will be checking it out also.