PDA

View Full Version : Armatix The future of firearms

orisolo
10-14-2013, 11:58 PM
I just run into this.
Its pretty amazing system if it works reliably.
I probably should get one, Ill worry less with the kids in the house.
Only cavit is I don't wear a watch.

They also selling a range system where the gun will only fire if it "sse" the target.
Probably will become a law in few years in CA.

http://www.armatix.us/Smart-System.778.0.html?L=7

here is what they write
"Smart System consists of a radio-controlled watch that is responsible for gun access and use. A Smart System gun will only shoot if it is within range of this watch. It is possible to release the safety mechanism via the radiocontrolled watch activated by means of a PIN code. As soon as the gun loses radio contact with the watch – e.g. if it is knocked out of the shooter’s hand or in case of loss, theft, etc. "

"The gun only functions if you are recognized and on target.

If you are aiming away from the target area, the pistol is immediately deactivated.
No misuse against people or objects around you.

Armatix target shooting with no compromise on safety!"

starmac
10-15-2013, 12:16 AM
I am the type of guy that wishes they had left the dimmer switch in the floorboard where it belongs. I think I will pass. lol

orisolo
10-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Well, look on the "bright " side of this system.
if you are attacked and the attacker get a hold of your gun it will not fire at you.
It might be good as extra safety for police a prison guards? So the villan can not turn your own arms against you.
Im thinking more in terms of my kids not experimenting with unattended gun and shoot something or someone. (yes i know they should be locked).

Love Life
10-15-2013, 12:24 AM
Looks like the answer to a dumb question that no one has asked yet.

MBTcustom
10-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Huh.
I taught my daughter not to touch my firearms. So all I do is reach over next to the headboard and grab my fully loaded shotgun and take care of what needs takin care of. I don't get to wear a fancy watch, but it's really convenient. Anything that needs to be locked up goes in my gunsafe, and only I have the combination.
There are loaded guns stationed in certain places around the house. In fact, there's not a room in the house where Angie or I would be blocked in. My parents were the same way. Somehow, all seven of us kids managed not to get shot, of course, if something needed to be shot we each knew how to take care of it. Maybe that had something to do with the fact that locks were not needed?

Bzcraig
10-15-2013, 12:44 AM
I'm not to fond of the concept.

Love Life
10-15-2013, 12:46 AM
Wait until the program goes nationwide, and .gov gets control of it. Tinfoil hat time...

orisolo
10-15-2013, 01:04 AM
CA will be the first and NY probably second to pass more laws, all Armatix will need is to form some donation fund for "good cause".

xs11jack
10-15-2013, 01:05 AM
So your watch battery goes dead or the watch goes haywire. Do you have to send it to the factory for repair? Now all you have is a hammer more expensive than NASA makes them. No Thanks.
Ole Jack

MaryB
10-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Built in backdoor with a shutdown command. Civil war? Simple computer command and your gun is now a useless paperweight

Artful
10-15-2013, 01:40 AM
Everything old is new again.
www.tarnhelm.com/magna-trigger/gun/safety/magna1.html

http://www.smartlock.com/smartgun_detail.htm

Ehaver
10-15-2013, 01:42 AM
ya, and when you need that gun to shoot something that is not an approved target? like that guy rummaging through your house. then what? and as said before, * tinfoil on, another thing for the goverment to have control of and we not know about.

MtGun44
10-15-2013, 02:09 AM
Disaster waiting to happen, and wouldn't have it under any circumstances.

Bill

grumman581
10-15-2013, 02:24 AM
Built in backdoor with a shutdown command. Civil war? Simple computer command and your gun is now a useless paperweight

Yep, just like the people who were stupid enough to by the GM vehicles with their OnStar system. If the government wants to, they can shut down your car.

As if their harvesting of your online contact lists isn't bad enough...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/14/nsa-reportedly-collecting-millions-personal-online-contact-lists-worldwide/

2wheelDuke
10-15-2013, 04:52 AM
If those smart guns work as reliably as my smart phone, I'll pass.

orisolo
10-15-2013, 06:34 AM
if those smart guns work as reliably as my smart phone, i'll pass.

lol ;)

pressonregardless
10-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Looks like the answer to a dumb question that no one has asked yet.

Ain't that a fact !!

btroj
10-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Yep, solution looking for a problem.

My daughter grew up in a home with guns. She knew better than mess with them.

I don't intend to trust my life with an electronic "key".

Maybe the states should start by testing it on law enforcement weapons. See how well they like it.

NoZombies
10-15-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm all for arming any Nato troops in the US with such technology.

How long do you think it would take a hacker to find the backdoor if the system was widely distributed?

oldred
10-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Stupid = Armatix . Anyone think only bad guys or our enemies will buy them. Brought top you by the same people selling Iraqi Dinars.

LOL, now that's funny!

cbrick
10-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Sounds exactly like a company of libtards desperate to save us from ourselves.

Scenario . . . In bed sound asleep at 3:00AM, watch across the room on the dresser where you left it while taking a shower. A noise wakes you up, some piece of crappola just broke open the back door, you reach for the night stand to grab your gun while the piece of crappola comes through the bedroom door.

You . . . Excuse me sir, would you mind handing me my watch there on the dresser before you murder me and rape my wife and daughter?

To even think up something like that is only possible from the mind of a libtard.

Rick

Abenaki
10-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Stuff like this tends to "teach" people to be careless and dangerous with fire arms.

Kinda like....it is ok to point a loaded weapon at people cause it will not go off.

I also hate pistols that have a mag lock. So it will not fire if the mag is out. I feel that it teaches people to be lazy and careless with fire arms.

Take care
Abenaki

bear67
10-15-2013, 09:19 PM
I don't wear a watch anymore, but I always carry a gun. Enuf said

leeggen
10-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Goodsteel is correct, just teach kids to leave guns alone when they are little. Mine learned very young and still won't touch unless Dad says it is ok, an Emer. is different story. Don't need a computer to tell me it is ok to draw on a bad guy, that is like asking the pres. permission to do that.
CD

nvbirdman
10-15-2013, 10:55 PM
When I go to the range I usually take two or three handguns with me. Would I have to wear two or three watches? Wouldn't it be fun getting to the range with two Rugers and finding out the watches you brought are for your S&W, and for your Colt 1911?
Of course no crook is going to be smart enough to realize that the first thing he should do is relieve you of your watch.

Edubya
10-16-2013, 06:50 AM
[QUOTE=orisolo;2430858]I just run into this.
Its pretty amazing system if it works reliably.
I probably should get one, Ill worry less with the kids in the house.
Only cavit is I don't wear a watch.

Oh, please~~~ This is so gay! I mean, where are the libtards gonna stop? They came up with the motorcycle helmets, the the seat belts and the thousand other contraptions (plus OSHA) to protect the ignorant.... Now we have a whole friggin country full of citizens that have absolutely no self respect or responsibilities. We need more of this "mandatory safety **** to suffocate the ignorant citizen!

EW

375RUGER
10-16-2013, 10:59 AM
target response system--does not sound self defense friendly. I agree that LE should Beta test this before release to the general public.

cbrick
10-16-2013, 11:23 AM
I agree that LE should Beta test this before release to the general public.

Really? Released to the general public? I think this should be totally forgotten about as should all completely insane libtard ideas.

Rick

10x
10-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Any system that uses a dedicated electronic key to "Lock" it can be locked by a generic device or inadvertently.
The fewer things there are a gun including safeties and locking devices mean that there is less stuff to go wrong.
Just imagine if police forces were using this, or the military and the signal to unlock the guns was jammed, or the signal to lock was counterfeit and sent by the bad guys.
For police officers, loose your watch ( or transmitter) or the battery dies or freezes , your gun becomes symbolic.

375RUGER
10-16-2013, 12:11 PM
I'll spell it out then. LE/NATO/MILITARY does BETA test-result TRS is crapola-they reject it deeming it unwise to trust your life to such a system. End of story except for the idiots who really think they need a gun for self protection but also feel the need to protect themselves from the gun.
Armatix has a market--Makes someone who doesn't know responsible gun handling feel responsible and can admit to their friends responsiblity with explanation of special circumstances. "I have this whiz-bang gun that only shoots bad guys, cost me $buku bucks but worth every penny because it can't harm children." response from liberal friend- "OH, that's so nice that you are so responsible."
Website indicates it's been on the market for 3 years already, anyway.
Libtards have been touting for some time now that smart gun technology-like this exists, This must be what they are talking about and they want to LEGISLATE it mandatory, for the children's safety. If they want to legislate this, it needs to be deemed worthy enough to be carried by the worlds LE, all of them. It would make defending the 2nd a lot easier for us who aren't chained to a smart gun. TRS, baaaah.

cbrick
10-16-2013, 04:06 PM
your gun becomes symbolic.

Now there is something that would make a libtard feel all warm & fuzzy AND send a tingle up their legs.

Rick

cbrick
10-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Libtards have been touting for some time now that smart gun technology-like this exists, This must be what they are talking about and they want to LEGISLATE it mandatory, for the children's safety.

Yep, kinda works like this doesn't it?

Rick

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.

If a libtard doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.

If a libtard is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.

If a libtard is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.

If a libtard is down-and-out he wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.

libtard demands that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.

A libtard non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.

If a libtard decides he needs health care, he demands that the rest of us pay for his.

Frosty Boolit
10-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Ahhh! Good ole revolvers.

oldred
10-17-2013, 06:06 AM
Yep, kinda works like this doesn't it?

Rick

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.

If a librard doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.

If a librard is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.

If a librard is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.

If a librard is down-and-out he wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.

librard demands that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.

A librard non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.

If a librard decides he needs health care, he demands that the rest of us pay for his.

Wow, that's the truth if I ever heard it!

I had to copy that and it will be sent to all my buddies, thanks for posting it!

PbHurler
10-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Hey, you wanna go to the range & throw some lead for a few hours?

"Sorry, my batteries are dead"

Give me a freakin' break.

shooter93
10-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Firearms were never meant to be battery operated.

paul h
10-17-2013, 05:53 PM
One of things I've learned over 20 years of engineering is the best designs are the simplest. Any time you add complexity you are asking for trouble.

Guns should have the smallest possible number of moving parts and absolutely nothing electronic.

country gent
10-17-2013, 06:12 PM
The way I read the originlal posts last couple lines will not be able to be used on you or people around you and It has tosee the target so if you cant get the Bad guy target to wear an "ID" tag it wont work for you either. Ill keep my old 1911 technology thank-you

grumman581
10-18-2013, 12:24 AM
One of things I've learned over 20 years of engineering is the best designs are the simplest. Any time you add complexity you are asking for trouble.

Guns should have the smallest possible number of moving parts and absolutely nothing electronic.

I'm not going to go so far as saying that *nothing* should be electronic, but I will say that it should be kept at a minimum. I wouldn't mind having the option to be able to electrically ignite the powder instead of having to use primers (especially when primers are so difficult to find). Of course, for such a system to be acceptable, it would need to work with existing powders and not need some specialized electrically sensitive powder. Just think how light of a trigger you could have when all it amounted to was closing the contact on an electrical switch. Although I could easily see something like this being good for benchrest shooting or even hunting, I don't think I would want it in a firearm that I was using for defensive purposes.

savagetactical
10-19-2013, 09:50 AM
I will be perfectly honest, I am somewhat of a luddite when it comes to guns. I think I quit caring about new technology when the AR15 became available to everyone. Its the erector set of firearms and can be made into whatever by anyone, its still dumb though and relies on the nut behind the butt for all its input. I do not need my firearms doing my thinking for me. Sure I like sighting improvements, that have been proven through years of hard use to work. I do not want a gun that requires a biometric, or helps me decide to make the shot or any of that sort of stuff. Removing the human the human element from the mechanics of shooting does not improve it IMO.