PDA

View Full Version : State Fair going on

phonejack
10-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Walked the midway with wife. She has a cousin whose son teaches Agri. Today was when the Goat Judging for high schoolers was held. After watching dozens of goats being paraded around by the kids, I decided that the goats were bettered mannered and groomed than most of the teenagers I saw walking the Midway.

runfiverun
10-14-2013, 10:25 PM
ha! now that's funny right there.

10x
10-14-2013, 10:30 PM
I will bet the goats were paying attention and not one was texting....

phonejack
10-15-2013, 12:58 AM
Goat would make a fine pet also. Then, come fall ---------_

Bzcraig
10-15-2013, 01:19 AM
And if it was a fainting goat it would be a fun playmate right up till fall...........

MT Gianni
10-15-2013, 07:32 PM
I find the steers to be wery well groomed here and if the handlers are not at their best they don't go far. Hogs are the best entertainment at the fair, at least once they have to bring out the panels to stop a fight. Sheep are sheep, no one has showed goats for years as they are a 4H pet rather than a show animal. They would only sell as a roping animal locally anyway.

Abenaki
10-17-2013, 02:08 AM
The animals are the best part of the fair!
My Grandkids all did 4H. They put in a lot of work!

My oldest Grand Daughter, made the mistake of becoming pals with her first pig.
It was hard on her, when it came time to sell, and butcher.

Her pig was having a hard time with stress. So she cleaned out the stall. Put in fresh straw.
Grabbed a book and used the pig for a pillow! Calmed the pig down.

You should have seen the look on the face of some rich city gal that walked through and saw it!!!!!!!!!

Take care
Abenaki

10x
10-17-2013, 08:23 AM
The animals are the best part of the fair!
My Grandkids all did 4H. They put in a lot of work!

My oldest Grand Daughter, made the mistake of becoming pals with her first pig.
It was hard on her, when it came time to sell, and butcher.

Her pig was having a hard time with stress. So she cleaned out the stall. Put in fresh straw.
Grabbed a book and used the pig for a pillow! Calmed the pig down.

You should have seen the look on the face of some rich city gal that walked through and saw it!!!!!!!!!

Take care
Abenaki

Eli Mae Clampett ???
Jed is that you?

2wheelDuke
10-19-2013, 02:17 AM
The only animals at the Broward County Fair walk upright. I haven't been in years now.