PDA

View Full Version : Firefox experts

Bret4207
11-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Okay you Firefox guys- How, or can, I set it so that when I hit a bookmark in one category the next time I hit it the bookmarks will come up in the same spot? IOW- if I hit say, Ebay-molds and then want to hit Ebay-moulds. Right now I have to scroll down through the 300+ bookmarks I have under "Guns" to get there. Internet Explorer did this like I want. It would come back to where I last looked.

Scrounger
11-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Not an expert but I'll take a shot at this. I like the way Internet Explorer handles bookmarks. Basically, the more you use one, the closer to the top it is; they have a "short list" and a "full list". The ones you use frequently are on the short list. You can organize the lists somewhat to change the placement but if you quit going to a certain site, it will migrate from the short list to the full one.
Firefox doesn't use that feature. You have to hit "Organize My Bookmarks" and drag that one to where you want it. You only have 300 bookmarks? I'll bet I got a thousand! Setting up folders for different categories and placing the bookmarks in them sure makes them easier to handle because the drop-down list is so much shorter when you click on "Bookmark"; then you just open the correct folder. I keep a dozen or so sites (ones I use a lot, like this one) at the very top of the list and not in folders. Works for me.

Bret4207
11-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Thats 300+ under "Guns". Thats not "Gun Forums", " Gun Rights", etc. etc. When I switched computers and uploaded to the bookmark save site there were 1800+ saved bookmarks.

I would think it can be done. Just a setting someplace.

Scrounger
11-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Thats 300+ under "Guns". Thats not "Gun Forums", " Gun Rights", etc. etc. When I switched computers and uploaded to the bookmark save site there were 1800+ saved bookmarks.

I would think it can be done. Just a setting someplace.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you want.... But you can hit "Organize", open whichever folder you want, and then drag any particular bookmark to the top or any other place you want it in that folder. And that's all I know...

454PB
11-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Another method is to use the "history" sidebar. Sometimes it's quicker than perusing bookmarks.