PDA

View Full Version : EABCO Model 97D rifle

Tatume
10-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Hello Folks,

Do any of you have experience with this rifle that you would be willing to share?

Thanks, Tom

Spruce
10-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Nice looking rifle with good caliber choices, interested in info as well.

williamwaco
10-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Never heard of it.

But now I WANT ONE.

brtelec
10-13-2013, 07:34 PM
I was able to handle one of these at the range about 6 months ago. It is basically a contender type single shot, but I have to say it was incredibly well made and fit. The one this guy had was a 6.5 BRM. It was impressively accurate. I own an encore and I still want one.LOL

Tatume
10-14-2013, 06:00 PM
It looks like nobody here owns one and only one person has ever seen one. Hmmm, I may have to buy a rifle.

leadhead
10-14-2013, 06:30 PM
There built on the old BF single shot pistol design that was used by silhouette shooters.
There very well made, and I shot quite a few 40's in production class with mine
chambered in .30 maximum. It has to use a rimmed cartridge.
Denny

selmerfan
10-14-2013, 11:02 PM
I drove by his shop on my way to go pheasant hunting today. If I'd seen this thread earlier I would have stopped... He's about 90 miles away from here.

mongoosesnipe
10-15-2013, 01:24 PM
http://youtu.be/24yhDoc7dO0

AlanF
10-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Tom,

I've owned an EABCO 97D rifle since spring 2007. My rifle was a special order using a 256 Winchester Mag reamer I had made by Dave Kiff. The reamer was designed for the 75gr Hornady VMax. Accuracy with the rifle has been good .75" - 1.00" but not what I would call great. I needed to float the barrel in order to stop the stringing of shots. The action is rather unique. The hammer must be reset after each shot and before you lower the breech block in order not to damage the firing pin. The ejector is fairly weak and I would definitely recommend a rimmed cartridge only. Please note that regardless of what their website and their catalog shows, the wood is rather plain and I even paid for an upgrade in wood quality. The laser engraving on my rifle is almost illegible. Also, the coat-of-arms/company logo so nicely shown on the pistolgrip cap will not actually be on your rifle.

I currently own a Contender and Browning Low Wall and I have owned a Ruger No. 1. In my experience any of these other rifles/actions would be a better choice with the Low Wall be the best of the lot.

Also note that if you ever have a problem with your 97D rifle Eben Brown is particularly difficult to deal with.

Overall you can get much more rifle for your money. Hope this helps.

Tatume
10-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Also note that if you ever have a problem with your 97D rifle Eben Brown is particularly difficult to deal with.

Overall you can get much more rifle for your money. Hope this helps.

Hello Alan,

Actually, I almost bought one about five years ago and had a bad experience dealing with their office manager. When the company wouldn't deliver what I felt we had agreed upon, I cancelled the order. Time heals such wounds, and I've reconsidered purchasing a rifle, but I'm having serious doubts about them again. Thank you for the information.

Take care, Tom