PDA

View Full Version : Factory crimp for 9.3x62?

samwithacolt
10-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Thought I'd throw this out there. I'm setting up for 9.3x62 and I have everything except a factory crimp, which I would like to have for this stout cartridge.
Lee does'nt make a FC for this, I'm wondering if I could buy their 9.3x74r FC and shorten it? Does anyone know of another factory crimp that could be made to work?

Wizwheel
10-12-2013, 07:37 PM
I think the 74r profile is smaller, You could possibly drill out the inside profile to match the 62, and shorten it. You may also have to take a bit off the die body as well. The Collet portion is actually not as hard as i thought it would be. I modified a .223 REM to 22 Savage Hi Power by drilling out the ID in steps on the lathe to accomodate the larger base diameter of the Hi Power, and made a spacer to make up the difference in length. You won't need the spacer, as yours is shorter than the 74r, unless you want to use it for both cartridges. Now to Find the Factory Crimp Die!
Mark

Mk42gunner
10-13-2013, 12:15 PM
I think this very question was covered a few months ago; but I do not recall which section it was in.

Robert