PDA

View Full Version : New (to me) Colt New Frontier 22 LR/Mag

9.3X62AL
11-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Earlier this week, I worked a trade for a showroom-fresh example of the above-listed 22 single-action, case-colored steel frame and 4" barrel. I was able to give it a little test drive at the range Tuesday before dropping it off at a gunshop for the Governator's 10-day litmus test. I liked it--A LOT. I also made the grievous error of stopping by the house with it prior to doing the "War and Peace"-length paper chase, and Marie also liked it a lot. "It's cute" and "It's pretty" seemed to be the prevailing sentiment. Another acquisition I'll be cleaning a lot and shooting a little, it appears.

This the third one of these critters I've corraled, the first two having fixed sights. The adjustables on this one are a LOT better than the former "post-and-frame-ditch" found on most SAA platforms. All told, this is a Kit Gun that I can actually shoot and hit things with.

Mk42gunner
11-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Al,
I had one that was 22lr only it had the 7 1/2" barrel, somehow it got away from me....

I really like the little Colt single actions; even wwith the goofy pushbutton loadibng safety mine had. They are enough smaller than a Ruger Single Six to be noticible; they just feel right as a 22 revolver.

The Colt I had was measurably more accurate than any Single Six that I have ever been around.

Have fun with it,

Robert

Buckshot
11-04-2007, 05:40 AM
................I've never seen a Ruger 22RF revolter that could hit a #4 washtub at bellybutton to bellybutton ranges :-). Their MkII semi autos were vastly different though. Yup, Al's new little Colt 22RF Peacemaker is a cutie for sure. I got to shoot it some, and since the sights hadn't been fiddled with, it took me a couple shots to find the dinger at 25 yards. Has a nice trigger.

Looks just like a big Colt, only er..................smaller :-)

..............Buckshot