PDA

View Full Version : Check out what I got in today !

capt.hollis
10-11-2013, 09:17 PM
After a month of doing the pencil test I decided I'll literally bite the bullet, and get the 84022Cabine Tree. Man this sucker is nice! If I live to see tmrw after my wife sees it I'll let y'all know how it does, lol.

bangerjim
10-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Congrats! you will not be sorry.

Now.......go to Harbor Freight and get one of their DIGITAL 1" travel dial indicators and replace that antique analog dial he ships with the thing.

No more squinting at a dial to read small numbers and lines. When the chart says 0.075 the dial says 0.075!

Enjoy.

banger

Garyshome
10-11-2013, 11:03 PM
I need one of those bad!

kbstenberg
10-11-2013, 11:09 PM
OK Ill bite. What is it?

capt.hollis
10-12-2013, 12:29 AM
OK Ill bite. What is it?it tests the hardness of your bullet, BHN. It's a really slick little tool here .

capt.hollis
10-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Congrats! you will not be sorry.

Now.......go to Harbor Freight and get one of their DIGITAL 1" travel dial indicators and replace that antique analog dial he ships with the thing.

No more squinting at a dial to read small numbers and lines. When the chart says 0.075 the dial says 0.075!

Enjoy.

bangergot ya Banger! It's the way to go man. So far I've been testing out my so called anotype I purchased from E-hell, EBAy , and it ain't anotype with a BHN of 15 or so correct?

kbstenberg
10-12-2013, 06:32 AM
Who makes it?

GlocksareGood
10-12-2013, 06:53 AM
http://www.castingstuff.com/cabinetree_loading_products.htm

bangerjim
10-12-2013, 12:05 PM
The Cabine Tree tester is fast, accurate, repeatable and portable!

The Lee thing has to go in your press and you spend time squinting thru a tiny microscope to SWAG at the size of a dimple. To be fair......i have one of those also and never use it any more!

Being portable, I take it with me to the yards to test what I am buying!

Being repeatable, you get consistent readings from test to test due to eliminating any light angle, viewing, eye problems (Lee).

Being fast allows you to do a test/s in just a few seconds rather than wasting lots of time mounting the Lee "die" in the press, doing the test (they recommend 30 seconds hold time which is totally bogus), and then messing around getting the light just right to view thru the tiny little microscope and then looking up the size on a chart.

Get one! It is well worth the $$.

bangerjim

jmort
10-12-2013, 12:29 PM
I agree, but for what it worth, the Lee Precision hardness tester is every bit as accurate as the Cabine Tree unit. Someday, maybe.

mold maker
10-12-2013, 01:21 PM
I started out with Saeco and it works, but only with bullets. Then I got a LEE, and it works if you can get all the planets aligned and have young eyes. Now I Use a Cabin Tree, and it works great on any shape and size. No squinting, juggeling, or guessing.
I mounted mine on a piece of lumber cut to fit in an ammo can with all the pieces to carry with me.