PDA

View Full Version : Where to Buy a RCBS Pro-Melt Near the Twin Cities?

AKtinman
10-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Gunstop is out of stock. Is there any other store in the Twin Cities that sells casting equipment?

I'm looking to buy tomorrow, Friday, not place a mail order.

Thanks!

wrench
10-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Maybe give a call to The Wolf's Den, in Hugo?

AKtinman
10-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Thank you!

I'm not familiar with them, but will give them a call.

Appreciate the help!

AKtinman
10-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Wolf's Den was out of stock, like everyone else :(
I found one online, so that will have to do.

dikman
10-12-2013, 04:53 AM
Based on my recent experiences, I'd say you did well even finding one on-line! Well done! (Out of curiosity, where did you find it?).

AKtinman
10-12-2013, 04:55 PM
I tried all the usual places - Grafs, Midway, Cabelas, etc - with no luck. I saw the “lurepartsonline” and tried them, but sold out also.

When I did a google search for “RCBS Pro Melt” I saw a link to Amazon.com and there was a company with 4 in stock. I don’t like the way Amazon tracks everything I have purchased, so did a search for the company, found their website and placed the order direct, bypassing Amazon. The pot shipped yesterday and I should have it on Tuesday.

I admit I was frustrated and impatient when I made the original post. The last 18 months have been pretty busy and I finally got some slack time to devote to casting. Two brand new Accurate molds and I was all set to cast up a bunch of boolits.

The 359 130W mold was raining bullets out and I was having fun until the old Lee bottom pour pot died. I started calling gun shops all over the state and I would have gladly driven 200 miles one-way to get a pot that day. No luck.

It will be a week or so until I will have time for another casting session, but this time it will be with a brand new furnace. ;)

odinohi
10-18-2013, 11:21 PM
You will love casting with the promelt. I casted up 1,000 1/4oz jigs in 4 hrs. I just got mine a few months ago. Cast with a model24 before that and thought it was great. It was, the promelt is just better.

AKtinman
10-18-2013, 11:36 PM
Thanks, odinohi.

After I ordered the Pro-Melt, I figured I might as well go all the way, so ordered a PID controller from Frozone here on the forum.

Pro-Melt arrived Tuesday and the PID arrived today.

This is gonna be fun!

dikman
10-19-2013, 06:43 AM
Yep! Couldn't wipe the grin off my face after I got mine working!

VHoward
10-19-2013, 03:46 PM
the temp control on th promelt is decent by itself, but adding a pid is the cats meow.