PDA

View Full Version : mould pivot point lube?

Jayhawkhuntclub
10-10-2013, 01:57 PM
I've been using a wax candle to lube the screws and pivot points on my moulds. It seem to be working fine. Anyone see a problem with this? If not, how often should I re-lube?
Thanks!

Frozone
10-10-2013, 02:50 PM
I use a high temp anti-seize on the screws.
and I use bullplate on the pivots.

Anti-seize goes on to finish up the initial clean and adjust, then I just bullplate the pivots any time I reapply bullplate to the sprue cutter.

detox
10-10-2013, 03:18 PM
I use anti seize on pivot screw and guide pin area and dry moly powder on top of mould to prevent gaulding. The dry moly or graphite works verygood without contaminating cavity. I rub it on to surface with Q-Tip.

'74 sharps
10-10-2013, 07:48 PM
I apply the anti seize before each session on the sprue, top of the mold, pins, and have never had to reapply during the session.

Wally
10-10-2013, 08:47 PM
I've been using a wax candle to lube the screws and pivot points on my moulds. It seem to be working fine. Anyone see a problem with this? If not, how often should I re-lube?
Thanks!

I do the same--works just fine..no residue. I have to run Lee molds very hot..I apply a touch of candle to the pivot after so many casts..just need very little. Eventually it will evaporate...

Jayhawkhuntclub
10-10-2013, 09:00 PM
I do the same--works just fine..no residue. I have to run Lee molds very hot..I apply a touch of candle to the pivot after so many casts..just need very little. Eventually it will evaporate...

That's what I was looking for. Thank you!

Buckshot
10-12-2013, 02:31 AM
I used to use candle wax, or if I'd used up the candles the wife had discarded in my direction I used boolit lube. Having begun using Bullplate lube several years ago, I use it to the exclusion of ANYTHING else. Old candles now get used for fluxing only.

............Buckshot

btroj
10-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Bullplate works like a charm. A bottle lasts for many years or until spilled.

Shuz
10-12-2013, 10:32 AM
The lube that Miha sends with his moulds works well also.