PDA

View Full Version : Happy new owner

Eric H
10-09-2013, 01:56 AM
I have finnaly got bitten by the black powder bug. It started with a inline my Dad gave me last year. Then it turned into me buying a 45 cal rifle then a 50 cal Hawkin. Now my son wants to build some kits together. I can already see where this is going.

dondiego
10-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Welcome! Get your hands on some real black powder and enjoy!

Hanshi
10-09-2013, 03:30 PM
As most would agree, there's no turning back, now.

mooman76
10-09-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't understand where people say they are habit forming. I got over a DZ MLs and haven't got the habit yet.

leeggen
10-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Lett's see------ now need lead, some molds, a melting pot, some time and yip then a.54 then a --- and a ???? and so, on an on. Nope it just doesn't appear to be a habit. A habit is doing the same thing over and over expecting dif. results. We always expect good results in shooting lead.
Good luck,
CD

smoked turkey
10-10-2013, 12:17 AM
My grandson and I built a TC .50 cal. sidelock kit. It was a priceless time for me getting to interact with him during the build. At the conclusion I presented him with the "new" rifle. To say he was pleased would be a gross understatement. Enjoy as much of it as you can. It is a great part of the shooting hobby.

Eric H
10-10-2013, 04:24 AM
I have been playing with the real BP. I then tried some synthetic. I like the good old BP best. A 54 is next on my list. I already cast for all the guns I own. I might go with a BP shotgun next. I think it might turn a head or two goose hunting with it.

missionary5155
10-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Good morning
Welcome aboard ! Great way to spend time with your son.
My dad was a BP musket shooter. My young life was spent getting dragged about to shoots between Niles and St. Joseph, Michigan. I had no idea what a great time I had. Smoke, smell and some right fine fellers.
Mike in Peru