PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a Custom Kydex Maker

Red Sky
10-08-2013, 11:38 PM
Howdy all!

I have been looking to complete my 3-gun belt rig to speed up my stage times. However, my primary rifle at the moment is an M1 Garand and I have no immediate desire to switch to anything else. The problem appears in the fact that there is no maker for Kydex clip holders, and the Olangapo or surplus clip pouches, while wonderful for field use, are simply far too slow for competition use. With that in mind, I have been considering getting Kydex clip pouches custom made to complete this rig. Has anyone done business with someone that they would recommend, or even better, know where I might find such clip pouches (I have searched everywhere online to no avail so far)? I have no current interest in making them myself though I am aware that may be an option. Thanks for any help!

Bad Water Bill
10-09-2013, 03:11 AM
CLIP?

I have owned many type of firearms over the last 50-60 years and NEVER owned even 1 that had a need for a clip of any type.

An M1 Garand do use an ENBLOCKCLIP if that is what you are referring to.

You might contact one of our own venders here.

Echo
10-09-2013, 03:27 AM
Good Grief, BWB - a clip is a clip...

Bad Water Bill
10-09-2013, 03:46 AM
And every gang banger here in Chiraq has a hand full of them clips.

Not sure if they really are "paper clips or Potato Chip CLIPS.:bigsmyl2:

Blacksmith
10-09-2013, 04:07 AM
Working with Kydex is not to difficult it cuts with normal woodworking tools and it can be heat formed. depending on what you have in mind you could use the "Enblock" clips them selves as the form to mold the plastic on. You might want to get a small piece and try it. Material suppliers for custom knife makers sell it for making sheaths.

Red Sky
10-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Working with Kydex is not to difficult it cuts with normal woodworking tools and it can be heat formed. depending on what you have in mind you could use the "Enblock" clips them selves as the form to mold the plastic on. You might want to get a small piece and try it. Material suppliers for custom knife makers sell it for making sheaths.

I may try it myself but was hoping to see if anyone had any recommendations for businesses that would do exactly that. I am starting a new job next week (just graduated in August) and have been quite busy. I know it's a rather specific desire, though, so if it comes down to doing it myself I will - I just want to see what my other options are first. Thanks!

Also, I do actually mean clip when I say clip, however rarely the term is used properly ;)

willie_pete
10-09-2013, 03:29 PM
I shoot 3 gun also. I have to say I am impressed you shoot a Garand with an EN BLOC clip. Why did you choose that?

WP

Red Sky
10-09-2013, 03:45 PM
I shoot 3 gun also. I have to say I am impressed you shoot a Garand with an EN BLOC clip. Why did you choose that?

WP

At first simply because it was what I had, and now because every time I shoot anything else I seem to have less fun. I now have a Winchester 97 to go with it and my 1911a1, so the set is complete. I'm just looking to finish out my belt rig for it so I can actually compete to the best of my ability instead of merely show up and shoot (not that there's anything wrong with that, though!).

Janoosh
10-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Woo Hoo...Willie Pete got it right... it is "....ENBLOC...." clip! Whew!

willie_pete
10-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Woo Hoo...Willie Pete got it right... it is "....ENBLOC...." clip! Whew!

You've got to teach it right ( see my sig line ).

WP

bruce drake
10-09-2013, 08:30 PM
https://www.facebook.com/KustomKydex?ref=br_tf

GO here and tell Tim what you are looking for and he'll have it right out to you real quick.

jcameron996
10-09-2013, 08:32 PM
You might take a look at triple crown holsters. Troy made my 3 gun holster for me and does top notch work. I didn't see anything like what you want on his website, but he might be able to help you out. He is a three gun competitor as well. Hope this helps and good luck. I just shot my first match this summer and was immediately hooked on 3 gun. Just what I needed, another expensive branch of my hobby.

dkf
10-09-2013, 08:33 PM
http://www.vigilancetactical.com/store/

Red Sky
10-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Thanks all! I'll contact these sources and see how to proceed from there.