PDA

View Full Version : patch i.d. idea

tommag
10-07-2013, 04:41 PM
No idea which patches are mine after shooting. I was at the fabric store, found some dark grey linen that mics at .010, that should be easy to id. I bought some red dye, anybody know of a downside to using fabric dye on white linen or pillow ticking for patches?

johnson1942
10-07-2013, 04:52 PM
you will find that linen holds together a lot better than cotton. i just finished shooting a few rounds useing a linen patch. you may even find they look like they could be used a second time. i got mine off of the internet but it seems easier to get in the cloth stores of late. it is the best. keep use posted how it works for you. just take a pen and x them.

tommag
10-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Most of my shooting stuff has been stored for several years, digging things out trying to get ready for a hunt this December. I had poor results with store bought pre lubed patches. Found some linen (.018) and some pillow ticking (.016) in my stuff.
Not sure if I'm going to take a load this week when I get empty, or take a few days off. If I take time off, ill try all 3 materials and the dye and report back.
So many projects, but with life in a truck, so little time. :-(

johnson1942
10-07-2013, 08:56 PM
drive the truck to western ne. the first of dec. deer season is a whole month long here with thousands of acres of state and federal land you can camp and hunt on, it belongs to you. western ne.is a good place.