PDA

View Full Version : Saiga????

tcrocker
10-06-2013, 02:57 PM
I just bought a Saiga in 7.62x39 (square butt receiver)and it has been converted to look like an Ak47. I do not like the stock on the gun and I'm wonting to change it out for something a little bigger so do I look for Saiga butt stocks or AK 47 but stocks?

tcrocker
10-06-2013, 03:00 PM
This is not mine but it looks just like it.

ironhead7544
10-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Any AK butt stock should fit. There are some exceptions that may need a little fitting. Two screws hold it on. There are different lengths, so look around. The Saiga is an excellent AK.

Red Sky
10-08-2013, 11:46 PM
AK stocks tend to come in "NATO" or "Warsaw" lengths - with the latter being the Russian Army standard. The Warsaw stocks are, if I remember correctly, about an inch shorter than the NATO ones, which would be similar to an AR fixed stock. Make sure to look for a NATO length stock if the length is too short for you - any of them will do if this is your only concern. I would recommend TAPCO or, for a little more authenticity in materials and feel, K-Var. Otherwise, you can also buy a folding or fixed conversion block that fits into the back of the receiver and holds a mil-spec AR buffer tube and its associated collapsing stock of your choice.

All of them should fit either the AK or Saiga since they are exactly the same receiver, and I believe all the common AK variants (Romanian, Bulgarian, Russian) have the same receiver dimensions.

tcrocker
10-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Thanks guys