PDA

View Full Version : Whos is quiter Navy Seals or Ninjas?

44Vaquero
10-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Just plain excellent when real hero's take the time to encourage kids! Kiddos to Admiral McRaven and he even sent the kid his coin!

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/10/84459-awesome-head-special-forces-answers-6-year-old-boys-ninjas-vs-seals-debate/

"One afternoon while playing with a friend in the yard, the young Greentree was scolded by his mother. ”Be quiet like a SEAL,” said Vivian Greentree. His friend immediately replied — as one would expect from a 7-year old. “Ninjas are quieter than SEALS.” And thus, a monumental argument began. WHO is quieter? Ninjas or SEALS? SEALS or Ninjas?

So in times like these, the younger Greentree wanted to ask the experts. He wrote to Admiral William H. McRaven, a United States Navy admiral, and Commander, U.S. Special Operations Command. He’s a big deal. And what happened next will go down in history and for Walker Greentree, it will be a moment he will never forget. "

DCP
10-06-2013, 04:35 PM
God bless Navy Seals, little boys and Admiral William H. McRaven.
Admirals are always right, just ask them (well maybe don't)

Here’s what the letter read: ”Thanks for writing me! You did a great job drawing the Trident, it looks just like my personal coin, which I’ve sent you along with this letter. I only give this to very special kids, so I hope you like it.

To answer your questions: I think ninjas are probably quieter than SEALs, but we are better swimmers, and also better with guns and blowing things up. I can hold my breath for a long time, but I try not to unless I really have to.

Remember, if you want to be a SEAL, you must do two things: listen to your parents and be nice to the other kids. If you do that then you can probably be a SEAL too.”

Admiral William H. McRaven

Garyshome
10-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Great guy! We need more like him around our kids, less Hollywood/Rap/Hip Hop types!

Win94ae
10-06-2013, 06:16 PM
So cool! :bigsmyl2:

Firebricker
10-06-2013, 08:58 PM
That made may evening it's great thing to be reminded of some of the extraordinary leaders we have in the United States Military. So while I'm at it Thank You to all of are members here who have served and are currently serving our military you are appreciated. FB

William Yanda
10-06-2013, 09:06 PM
What do you want to bet that that letter was written by some Enlisted rank and signed by the Admiral. In a different life,
I worked in HQs Eighth Army, in the office of the G3-a Brigadier General and I can envision that happening.

btroj
10-06-2013, 09:08 PM
The only people who really know either are dead or aren't speaking.....

gbrown
10-06-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm not sure if that is the point, quieter, less noise. A Blackhawk Longbow makes plenty of noise, but from the time it's almost down until someone is facing a world of s#!$ is just seconds or less. Japanese warlords had all sorts of early warning--creaky floorboards, geese, peacocks, etc., but when your world explodes in seconds with well rehearsed, trained, lethal and committed people in your face, quiet kinda takes a second place to "RUN."

EMC45
10-07-2013, 10:42 AM
That challenge coin is impressive.

Skipper
10-07-2013, 11:02 AM
http://florians.org/jslayer/seals.jpg

TheGrimReaper
10-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Too COOL!!!

GaryN
10-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Dang!! I can't see any of them.

Beerd
10-07-2013, 07:00 PM
I think there's one right next to that tree, or maybe not.

btroj
10-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Now that is an awesome ad

gbrown
10-07-2013, 08:19 PM
I don't wanna be there, if I'm the target! Maybe you can see them, maybe not! An easy chair and a good TV program is for me!!:shock::shock::shock:

DanWalker
10-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Marine FORCE RECON. No one makes movies about them. They aren't flashy or Hollywood. They are silence and death. They don't brag or beat their chests. They are quiet professionals who have been taking scalps for this country for decades with ZERO fanfare. Remember when guys were getting their heads chopped off on the internet? A Force Recon team was sent in to live with the guys getting kidnapped. When the bad guys showed up to grab some more victims, the Marines "left them lying in the dirt, full of bullets". I'm not trying to take Anything away from the snakeaters, but they sure do grab all the glory...

bbs70
10-08-2013, 08:39 AM
I've heard Delta force is also the QUIET ones