PDA

View Full Version : It has come to pass.

OeldeWolf
10-06-2013, 03:53 AM
My Doctors have been telling me for years that I belonged on Disability. Well, Monday was my last day of work. The state forms are filed. The federal ones will be filled out tomorrow or Monday. I am but waiting on the first disability check and approval to file the loan modification papers.

Looks like I am going to have a lot of paperwork the next couple of weeks. But let me get all that taken care of, and maybe I will have energy enough to get moving forward on casting, reloading, and shooting.

Just letting you all know what is up, around here.

Ithaca Gunner
10-06-2013, 05:15 AM
My wife had to go on disability two years ago. The last day of her employment she latterly had to crawl out of the building to her car. Even around the house she can only work a little before having to sit and rest her feet and ankles. I respect your working as long as possible and wish you the best in the future.

If kalifornia does kick you out, you're welcome in my valley!

w5pv
10-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Best of luck on your retirement,the gooberment fought me until a judge asked the SS lawyer why was he wasting his time when their own doctor said I was disabled.In the end it was all ok,just a bigger payday when the first one came in.

WILCO
10-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Just letting you all know what is up, around here.

Thanks for sharing OeldeWolf. Best wishes as you go forward.

DLCTEX
10-06-2013, 05:29 PM
California retirees have been selling their property and moving to Texas to buy a home and live on the price difference.

MaryB
10-06-2013, 11:31 PM
I had the same problem, took 3 years, got before admin law judge and he chewed the SS rep out for 20 minutes solid over denying me in the first place.

Best of luck on your retirement,the gooberment fought me until a judge asked the SS lawyer why was he wasting his time when their own doctor said I was disabled.In the end it was all ok,just a bigger payday when the first one came in.

MaryB
10-06-2013, 11:33 PM
Good luck on retirement, I was forced into it really early at 46. Took me a couple years to realize life goes on, you can still do things as long as you are careful not to irritate your problem. I am good for 2-3 hours a day then done. CT myelogram in the morning to see how bad my lower back is getting.

OeldeWolf
10-07-2013, 03:16 AM
Unfortunately, I owe more on my house that it is currently worth. Otherwise I would probably visit CA, rather than live here. You know, I just happen to qualify for the Native Sons of the Texas Republic. Would that, and the NRA sticker on the truck, make the locals overlook the CA plates? Or at least be less likely to spit on the truck? I know the exports from this state are often not looked upon kindly by those in other states. Often with very good reasons.

Red Sky
10-07-2013, 12:33 PM
You know, I just happen to qualify for the Native Sons of the Texas Republic. Would that, and the NRA sticker on the truck, make the locals overlook the CA plates? Or at least be less likely to spit on the truck? I know the exports from this state are often not looked upon kindly by those in other states. Often with very good reasons.

I would think anyone with an NRA sticker would be welcomed kindly by most here - and I can't say I pay much attention to the state on the plate unless the vehicle in question is driving like an idiot (then I have to know what stereotype to file them under! ;)).

km101
10-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Come on over! You will have to change the plates within a month or so anyway, so they wont matter. We accept people here based on their character and the size of their smile! :) Not where they came from. And if you drive a truck, you're part way to being a Texan already.

Maybe you could get one of those bumper stickers that says: "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could!"

Sorry to hear about the disability, but sometimes that is just what life deals us. I had to learn to deal with it and get on with things. You have to adjust and not let it ruin your life.

OeldeWolf
10-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Well, today I did a bit of paperwork, replaced the pickup coil assembly in the truck's distributor, cut up all the branches I trimmed off the plum tree before I could coat the patio roof/tarp (put the second coat on yesterday). Tomorrow I have an appointment from the power company, they might replace some windows and doors; it seems I am now poor enough to qualify. Tomorrow I also need to swing by work, pickup any scrap metal they have, and run it in to get cash for it. Pay off the Last parts I had to put in the truck. lol

And someone said I would get bored, and die from inactivity...

TX, AZ, KY, TN, GA, CO are on my list of possible places to move to. Daughter in CO, so I am watching the politics there closely. I have distant relatives in KY, TN, GA, as well as a population of casters there. Come to think of it, there are populations of us casters in Most Other states...

MO, WY, MT all look lovely, but the fibro acts up more when it is cold. As I think on it, when we got back from Guam, and went to MO, 3 days after we got there, they had 3 feet of snowfall, on top of what was already there.
Us in our tropical tans, in well over 3 feet of snow... LOL

Ithaca Gunner, I do not know which two mountains you are between, but I am sure it beats here by a long shot. We made the 10 most miserable cities 2 years in a row, and are among the top 10 most dangerous last year. So I thank you for the invitation.

Need to get the federal disability going, it looks like the state is going through, from what I got in the mail today. And see what happens with the housing market here, see what options will open up for me.

Thank you all, for the comments and support. And I just might get kicked out soon, the way things are going here in Kalifornistan politics.

km101
10-11-2013, 11:40 PM
OeldeWolf, you might also consider that as a Veteran in Texas your CC license would only cost $25!! With online renewal every 5 years for $25. Plus no State income tax, low housing costs, and once you get below the Red River it's plenty warm around here.