PDA

View Full Version : Another Ebay score

Dr.S
10-05-2013, 03:37 AM

Lyman Spartan,cherry condition 31 bucks and 15 shipping.Why would anyone buy a Lee when these gems are everywhere?

aspangler
10-05-2013, 05:38 AM
Had one now for 40+ years. Love it and still use it. Good score.

Pressman
10-05-2013, 06:29 AM
JohnF you did well, very well.

Now let me tell you about my latest "score". I put a bid on a press just for the sellers opening offer. No more, sort of a marker to keep track of the item. Yea, I know about the "watch" feature. Well, I got an email from ebay last night saying Enjoy your Texan Turret press. Well, great. No one else bid, I have want it or not. While it is a variation I do not have it is not the most pristine example. And I have to tell my wife what I did. That is the worst part.

Have a great weekend everyone, I have to get the last daughter married off today. I guess this is a good thing, I can reclaim the basement as mine, but still...

Ken

BorderBrewer
10-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Pressman,
Congratulations on the Texan and the final launch.

Garyshome
10-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Great finds, iI need another ss press, got to look for a lyman. got a great deal on a mec a while back.

EDG
10-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Reloading experience yields superior scrounging skills which yield excellent loading tools at low cost.

Dr.S
10-05-2013, 10:26 PM
These vintage tools were made when America was at its peak.The people that made them could house and feed themselves without Govt programs.The wife could stay home and raise the kids.Products werent made to be thrown away.you got your car fixed at the service station down the street.Its a disgrace what has been done to this country and its people.

LUBEDUDE
10-06-2013, 07:52 AM
These vintage tools were made when America was at its peak.The people that made them could house and feed themselves without Govt programs.The wife could stay home and raise the kids.Products werent made to be thrown away.you got your car fixed at the service station down the street.Its a disgrace what has been done to this country and its people.

Well said John.

seagiant
10-06-2013, 08:03 AM

Lyman Spartan,cherry condition 31 bucks and 15 shipping.Why would anyone buy a Lee when these gems are everywhere?

Hi,
I've been saying the same for years and you can get good deals if you take the time to look for them!

Welcome to LBJ's "Great Society" Looks like he was successful!!!

erikk
10-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Got a Lyman Spar-T in the early 60's and still use it from time to time and you are sure correct about what has happened to this country

razerok1
10-07-2013, 05:21 PM
nice find! I've been looking to pick up a new single stage I might have to give ebay a try.