PDA

View Full Version : Made me some 45/45/10 lube today

capt.hollis
10-05-2013, 02:51 AM
I'm proud of myself because this was my 2nd attempt, and won the battle . I learned that if you do not cook those solvents down long enough in the JPW that your product will never dry right. When it's done right it's a beautiful thing, goes A long way, and not messy at all. I love this stuff , it was successful in a .300 blackout bullet today with no leading issues at all. Ol Jerry with Carolina Cast Bullets walked me through the process, and bam it was right!
Try it out fellas, you'll love it, plus it dries fast too!:lovebooli:lovebooli:lovebooli

mikeym1a
10-05-2013, 04:21 AM
A while back, I ordered White's Xlox, as that seemed easier than making my own, besides, I got a half gal. That should last forever, right?? I have surprised myself how much I have used. I have 6 or 8 of the Alox bottles sitting around, so, I think I should make up a batch for myself. Congratulations. Hope I have the same success as you! :D

capt.hollis
10-05-2013, 01:22 PM
A while back, I ordered White's Xlox, as that seemed easier than making my own, besides, I got a half gal. That should last forever, right?? I have surprised myself how much I have used. I have 6 or 8 of the Alox bottles sitting around, so, I think I should make up a batch for myself. Congratulations. Hope I have the same success as you! :D
If ya need any help let me know.

runfiverun
10-06-2013, 02:13 PM
it really is easy to make.
melt the jpw
let it simmer the solvents off.
add the alox
add some mineral spirits.

don't use an open flame.
and stir frequently.
the mix can be made with the use of the mark-1 or mark-11 eyeball.
warm the mix and the boolits up before applying and ladle the stuff on with a fork.