PDA

View Full Version : Folding rear barrel sight

Ninety Caliber
10-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Want to get one for my Rio Grande in conjunction with my Tang sight for 25-50 yds. Does anyone make one that will fit the RG dovetail ? Had to remove the stock Buckhorn as it was in the way of the peep.

fouronesix
10-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Question- is the RG dovetail standard 3/8"?

If so, I can measure the specs on a folding type barrel sight if you want. Then you can put a scrap piece of wood with the same height on the barrel at the dovetail location and see if the sight line of the tang mounted aperture clears the folded down sight.

Ninety Caliber
10-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Question- is the RG dovetail standard 3/8"?

If so, I can measure the specs on a folding type barrel sight if you want. Then you can put a scrap piece of wood with the same height on the barrel at the dovetail location and see if the sight line of the tang mounted aperture clears the folded down sight.

Do you measure the narrowest part(the center) or the outer edges? The outer edge is .375 3/8 the center is like .325???

fouronesix
10-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Yep major edge dia. of .375, close enough... standard 3/8".

I am checking a Marbles folding rear.

Folded down height from top of barrel to top of clearance is .22. Flipped up height from top of barrel to center of adjustable notch in lowest position is .34.

Of course how either the barrel rear sight or tang rear sight work for a zero sighting distance of 25-50 yards will depend on the height of the front sight.

Ninety Caliber
10-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Yep major edge dia. of .375, close enough... standard 3/8".

I am checking a Marbles folding rear.

Folded down height from top of barrel to top of clearance is .22. Flipped up height from top of barrel to center of adjustable notch in lowest position is .34.

Of course how either the barrel rear sight or tang rear sight work for a zero sighting distance of 25-50 yards will depend on the height of the front sight.

Thanks! :)

gwpercle
10-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Williams also makes a nice fold down sight.