PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Accounts @ MidwayUSA

enfieldphile
10-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Starting 1 January 2014, ALL Midway Dealer accounts will automatically convert to retail accounts. :(

I got the email today. Aww well, had it good for 13 years. ;)

EDG
10-03-2013, 03:08 PM
His discounts were not competitive with some of the other on line dealers so I am not sure what he thinks he is accomplishing. I buy on discount or not at all.

jmorris
10-03-2013, 03:17 PM
I am with EDG not to mention I quit dealing with them years ago after being jerked around.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
10-03-2013, 04:16 PM
I quit being "faithful" to any online or local dealer years ago when I realized doing so no longer meant anything to any of them. Now I only buy from the outfit, local or online, that offers me the best deal for my money. Usually, that is not midwayusa, but sometimes, if I need an optic they offer free shipping on and have two or three other items at competitive prices I need, I'll place an order with them.

That said, I do understand any business has an obligation to itself to make money and stay in business. A thing tough to do in the current political climate.

Walter Laich
10-04-2013, 09:37 AM
yea, Larry needs the money for his African hunting trips

btroj
10-04-2013, 10:22 AM
How many people had dealer accounts yet weren't truly dealers?

bhn22
10-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Everybody with a C&R license or Sales Tax number

Iron Mike Golf
10-05-2013, 09:45 AM
They are also dropping their printed flyer.

Vinne
10-05-2013, 08:10 PM
I looked forward to that flyer for a quick look at the specials. Oh well, I guess the economy is hitting everyone hard!! I know I can't buy the way I use to.

milprileb
10-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Graffs ...still doing things right and no WOOF about false discounts.

taco650
10-07-2013, 09:11 PM
I used to buy from them sorta regularly but then my shooting & reloading took a backseat to dirt bikes for a few years. When my dirt bike phase ran its course and I started shooting/reloading again, I noticed their prices had gone up A LOT, especially the shipping. When the panic hit a couple years ago, they didn't keep the supplies up which I found odd. If they really were one of the biggest suppliers of reloading items, couldn't they have the buying power to keep stuff in stock? Guess not. I also don't like seeing the owners hunting stories/videos along with his primo machine shop, etc. I feel like he's rubbing his wealth in my face. I don't care if he has that stuff or goes on those fancy trips, just don't tell me about it unless I ask.

I'm shopping around a lot more these days. Cheaper than dirt has good prices most of the time but their shipping/handling is almost double what Midway charges. For all the online stores, I've also found that by the time I pay shipping, the price I pay is usually pretty close to what I'd pay driving to the nearest big gun store (about 40 miles for me). YMMV.

If any of you have found places online that have decent prices, decent supplies/selection AND decent shipping post them here.

claudesapp
10-09-2013, 12:09 AM
Grafs and Brownells has 90% of my online business. Midway has been their own worst enemy in my book, I only order from them when absolutely everyone else is out of stock. During the reloading component shortage I had good luck with gamaliel.com.

domainfitz
10-10-2013, 08:06 PM
From what i see Midway has the best prices for bulk boolits that i see.

franksr
10-10-2013, 09:08 PM
I have seen some good deals from Midsouth, Shipping seems to be good.

taco650
10-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Grafs and Brownells has 90% of my online business.

Grafs??? Never heard of them.

Mike W1
10-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Grafs??? Never heard of them.

I'm not a dealer, never was but Brownells and Grafs are ALWAYS my first choices.

It's Graf and Sons out of Mexico, Missouri BTW