PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Green Machine

savagetactical
10-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Anyone own one? What are your opinions of it? I am considering purchasing one ... Thanks

salpal48
10-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Years ago I had one in 38 spl. Very good machine, when things went wrong , it took some time getting back running again. since RCBS no longer supports it with parts. I would make sure you see it running and everything is there before buying. parts are where you can find them
Best of luck

Kevin Rohrer
10-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Several people here own one.

Having said that, there are reasons why RCBS no longer makes them.

savagetactical
10-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Years ago I had one in 38 spl. Very good machine, when things went wrong , it took some time getting back running again. since RCBS no longer supports it with parts. I would make sure you see it running and everything is there before buying. parts are where you can find them
Best of luck

Appreciate the input. I actually know a guy local to me who has one in 38 Special I was considering purchasing. I was not aware RCBS no longer supported them with spare parts. That changes things for me, I may just look at buying a Dillon again .

LUBEDUDE
10-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Just scan down 2-6 pages or so. There are a few good threads on the Green Machine.

savagetactical
10-02-2013, 01:30 AM
Just scan down 2-6 pages or so. There are a few good threads on the Green Machine.

I will do that thanks.

Janoosh
10-02-2013, 07:43 AM
I've got one in 38 special. When tuned up they're a good machine. Someone posted of retro fitting lee parts to a Green Machine, looked like a good idea.

44Vaquero
10-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Seagiant is the member that has fixed/rebuilt several Green Machine's and is currently rebuilding a C&H. Check out his threads lots of good information.

Bonz
10-02-2013, 11:58 AM
I have one, don't waste your money. It only has 4 stations and its a pain to use. I'm converting mine right now into a device to prep brass with...

Jeff Michel
10-02-2013, 12:11 PM
I have one in .38 special. It works great once you get your timing set. I prime my cases as a separate step. In spite of close to a zillion tries, I never have gotten the blinking primer gizmo to work properly. I found this one in the trash, that should give you an idea what the previous owner thought of it. If I had to pay real money for one, I'd consider a Dillon

GBertolet
10-02-2013, 12:32 PM
I have one in 45 ACP. Purchased it new in 1983. I did several modifications to it, and mine works great. I had corresponded with Seagiant previously, and exchanged ideas on improving the Green Machine. He has become quite knowledgeable on these machines and would be a good source of information. Hopefully he will see this thread and chime in. Last time I checked, RCBS has some, but not many parts left for them. If you can get one for a good price, go for it. They are not readily converted to different calibers, so consider what caliber you buy is what you got. I converted my primer feed to a stick feed and have added a Lee disk powder measure on it, which solves two of the Green Machines biggest issues. If more than a couple hundred dollars to buy, go buy a Dillon instead.

W.R.Buchanan
10-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Seagiant is the resident Green Machine expert. He has several and runs them often.

Randy

seagiant
10-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Hi,
You have to be a sort of masochist to enjoy these machines! They need changes made to them to run smoothly,namely the primer feed and powder measure. Also everything needs to be timed correctly and the adjustments are VERY fine,ala find the sweet spot!

If you want plug and play reloader this is not it! If you enjoy a challenge and something different,jump on it! Once set up correctly it will drown you in loaded ammo!!!

Any questions let me know,happy to help!