PDA

View Full Version : October CBA postal match: 50 yds. offhand, Haffner running deer target

Maven
10-01-2013, 07:23 PM
If interested, take a look at this: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?214929-October-CBA-postal-match-50-yds-offhand-Haffner-running-deer-target&p=2411610#post2411610

Reg
10-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Need to post more of these matches on this site.

HARRYMPOPE
10-02-2013, 12:03 AM
I cant say i have done well in all of them but they are very fun.

George

Maven
10-02-2013, 12:43 AM
Reg, I've been posting the CBA ML postal matches here since Pat began them several months ago.

Maven
10-11-2013, 06:37 PM
I just learned from Pat that the CBA Forum has been modified so you can now read posts there without having to become a member of the CBA. However, joining [the CBA] is a good idea, as you get the bimonthly "Fouling Shot" magazine* with your membership and can also opt to enter the various postal matches for CF pistols and rifles along with ML matches.

*paper or electronic delivery (can't bring myself to use the term "e-zine")

Pat I.
10-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Paul I have to clarify this. You never had to join the CBA to view the forum but you did have to be registered and signed on to view it. Not anymore. You can view the topics but can't post, PM, or view attachments without signing on which requires registration which I'm pretty sure is the same way everywhere. I know competition, either by post or shoulder to shoulder, has never been one of this sites strong points but we're having a pretty good time with the ML postal and for that one you don't need to be a CBA member.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
10-15-2013, 11:06 AM
I don't seem to be able to connect to the cba forum today , I wanted to let pat know , I just never got to shooting Septembers targets they were due today , life got in the way , and that i wouldn't be able to do October either , work and other things are taking all my time right now.

sad cause i miss the range time

I will be back when life calms down a bit.

KyRiddle
10-15-2013, 11:27 AM
I was wondering if anyone might know of a gun range or farm owner; within the Florence Kentucky, Northern Ky. area that might be willing to be partners with starting a gun club for students at Gateway KCTCS. There are a lot of interested students, but finding a place to shoot and to teach proper gun safety and skills is a big problem. Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated. We would like to get students interested in the shooting sports and to learn that guns can be fun in the proper hands. We would also like to get them involved in competition shooting with various types of firearms.

Pat I.
10-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Pete you are a fine addition to the matches but I know what you mean about life getting in the way of fun. Always thought it would make a lot more sense if it was the other way around. Just so you know November's going to be the last match for the year. It get's a little too cold up here in the Northern climes to play with front stuffers as you well know. I'll start them again in April if there's interest and will let you know about it when the time comes. Have fun and enjoy the Holidays.

By the way Nov. is going to be that combination target you recommended. That should bring some tears to a few eyes. : )

Boz330
10-15-2013, 05:01 PM
I was wondering if anyone might know of a gun range or farm owner; within the Florence Kentucky, Northern Ky. area that might be willing to be partners with starting a gun club for students at Gateway KCTCS. There are a lot of interested students, but finding a place to shoot and to teach proper gun safety and skills is a big problem. Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated. We would like to get students interested in the shooting sports and to learn that guns can be fun in the proper hands. We would also like to get them involved in competition shooting with various types of firearms.

There are several ranges in the Cincinnati area. I shoot at the Miami Rifle and Pistol Club on the east side past Milford. It is a membership club though and I believe they do some youth stuff. They have a website.

Bob

Pat I.
10-15-2013, 06:21 PM

I don't know how many people read this section so you might be better off asking your question up in the "Our Town" section.