PDA

View Full Version : Gamo CFX thoughts?

thekidd76
10-01-2013, 12:48 PM
I found a Gamo CFX locally that has only been shot a few times. Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? Accuracy? Handling? I'm just getting into Air gunning and not sure if this is the right place to start or not.

MT Chambers
10-01-2013, 02:43 PM
It really depends on your budget, and if your budget permits you to choose between a PCP and a springer, the SPRINGER that you are looking at is at the lower end of the quality scale, but has quite a bit of velocity in .177 cal......lower end can mean; tough trigger, gritty trigger or cocking, accuracy( esp. with the high vel.). I'm not sure if you were born in '76 or you are a 76 year old Kidd, but if this gets you into airgunning...go for it.......The best springers are HW97 and 77, and Air Arms TX200 and Prosport, but you'll pay double for these, a small step down is the RWS line which are good quality and known for power, with the model 34 jumping out as the best for price and power. Do some research on the computer including PCP airrifles, and remember, like most things, you get what you pay for. Another side note: Spring guns can be hard on scopes, so you need one that is springer rated....Ben

thekidd76
10-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks for all the info and advice Ben. And I was born in 76.

Ron

HARRYMPOPE
10-02-2013, 12:12 AM
I think the rifle will get you shooting and be fine.Tonight i shot my TX200 .177 and Benji NP .22 at 10 meters offhand.The TX is highly refined and the Benjamin is about in the class of the Gamo rifles.The TX shot 1/4" for 5 and the Benji a bit over 1/2" for 5.I shot three groups with each.
For the money the RWS 34 in 22 or 177 is the best deal going.The Gamo will work fine to 30 or so yards and should shoot about 1.5" i would think.Either alter the factory trigger or get an aftermarket one and accuracy will improve about 1/2".

thekidd76
10-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the info Harry.

tjones
10-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Any thing Gamo is hard to beat. From the air gun sold under the Daisy name, to their Varminter, accuracy cannot be beat. A quality Beeman pellet is just icing on the cake. Do use quality pellets!
tj