PDA

View Full Version : Tumble lube grooves in brass/steel molds

simo99
09-29-2013, 06:03 PM
Hi there. About to order an Accurate mold for my 38-55 winchester. I really like tumble lube lee molds considering I don't have a sizer or couldn't really be bothered pan lubing. Given all of this all my experience with tumble lube molds has been with Lee aluminium molds. I want a steel mold and accurate offer these with tumble lube grooves. Are there any issues with a steel mold cut with tumble lube grooves? Are they easier or harder to fill out the lube grooves? Will be ladle pouring Lyman#2 alloy. Mold will be a gas checked 235 grainier that looks like a copy of the Ranch dog 375 mold.
Thanks

rintinglen
09-29-2013, 08:39 PM
A boolit from a steel mold is likely to be no different from one that fell out of an Aluminum mold. However, the steel mold is more durable, holds heat better, and will most likely out-produce a similar aluminum mold, once the lower reject rate is taken into account. Accurate molds are outstanding--you will not be unhappy the quality--the only problem is that they are almost too pretty to use.

Moonie
10-01-2013, 05:09 PM
You can tumble lube non tumble lube boolits. I shoot lots of standard lube groove boolits unsized with 45/45/10 tumble lube.