PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Quck Trim Case Trimmer?

Mark Daiute
09-29-2013, 05:19 PM
I posted this by mistake over on the casting forum. sorry bout that, this is more where it belongs.

Am I the only one to purchase one, the Lee Deluxe Quick Trim Case Trimmer? I did and I can say it works very well.

For me case trimming is a chore and with this unit it goes quickly. I found that a little graphite improves things ten fold. I didn't see anything in the instructions about not using some sort of lube between the trimming unit and the cartridge specific die. If you have used one of these and you see some fatal flaw I'm introducing by the use of graphite ,let me know!

Best,

Mark

joec
09-29-2013, 05:25 PM
I got the Deluxe Quick Trim about a month before I could actually order a die I used. I've since using it for 45-70, 454 Casull and 45 Colt but also have for 9mm and 45acp but have not used them as of yet.

I find it works great for me with enough adjustment to meet all my needs so far. It is fast, easy to use including on my hands. I have no complaints at this time at all. I'm sure their are still faster methods which I'm sure are more expensive however I rarely do more than 100 rounds of anything any more though I do load 4 calibers in pistol/rifle rounds.

Browningshooter
09-29-2013, 05:37 PM
I have one as well and it works as advertised. Now I see in the midway flyer that they have the Hornady Lock-n-load case prep center on sale for only $354.99!! At that price it better sort, polish,trim, chamfer inside and outside clean pockets and smell Purdy doin it!

09-29-2013, 06:03 PM
I've used the deluxe model to trim about 150 .357 Magnum brass, and found it to be much faster to setup and use that a lathe trimmer. A bit of lube certainly helps, though the instructions make no mention of it.

However, I prefer another trimming method. Therefore, it anyone is interested, the trimmer, the used .357 Magnum die, and an unused .44 Magnum die are for sale.