PDA

View Full Version : Need Help On Information For Belding & Mull Powder Measure

azshtr
09-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Need some help on this powder measure. There is a lot of knowledgeable member's on this site so please feel free to offer comments.

I have never seen one of these measures just in pictures so am at a complete loss on information.

I haven't come across the lid as yet, looking at photo's is anything else missing?

Are operating instructions available anywhere?

If I wish to sell, what is a price range?

Thanks in advance for any posts regarding this.

I have placed this in both Swapin & Sellin and in Reloading Equipment. Mod's if it needs to be placed in another area please move.

country gent
09-28-2013, 10:35 PM
The Bedding +Mull is an accurate easy to use powder measure. I bellieve the manufacter of thes goes back to the 30s or 40s. The brass tube with thumb screw and sldie is the actuall measure. The body hopper and slide are all there the handle is there. In use the measure tube is slid in the hole in the bottomof the measure to stop. Handle cycled to move lide to far right position this alighns the drop holes. Hold for a second or so. return handle so slide is far left. Remove measure tube carefully and dump powder into scale or case. You can set the tube fairly accurately using the depth rod on a set of calipers. Measure down to the rod and make note of this measurement. That is a very nice example of the B+M measure you have there. The boss on the handle end is attached with the visible screw the pin on the handle fits into the little slide on the block. They work very well with stick or heavy grained powders and larger charges. I have used mine for years with stick powders and Black powder. About once a year or so I disassemble mine clean and apply paste wax or a dry lube to slide surfaces. You have a great measure there

Bent Ramrod
09-28-2013, 11:06 PM
It should have a thumb screw on the base to attach it to a table or bench top and a brass cap to cover the measure hopper. Otherwise your specimen looks complete, and having the glass in the "visible" hopper unbroken is a plus. Yours appears to have the non-micrometer standard charge tube. There was a micrometer standard charge tube and also a "magnum" charge tube in both slide and micrometer type that could be special ordered. Having the box is a plus for collectors.

I bought my first one for $20 back in the Seventies and recently found another one for $20. I thought they were definitely worth that, both times,:mrgreen: even though I had to replace the glass in the second one. You should check E-Bay for an idea of current prices; the B&M Visible Measures show up pretty often on there.

220swiftfn
09-29-2013, 02:21 AM
As no-one has replied about the hopper cap, if you can't find an original one, a brass freeze plug from an auto parts store will work (I don't remember which one it is to fit, so you might want to take it with to try them out.....)

Dan

David2011
09-29-2013, 01:53 PM
They seem to still be in business. The website is incomplete but there's a phone number listed: http://beldingandmull.com/index.html

David

shooter93
09-29-2013, 07:04 PM
They are not the original Belding and Mull but they are offering parts for the measures....give them a call.

Kevin Rohrer
09-29-2013, 09:45 PM
If I wish to sell, what is a price range?

$75-100.