PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed

country gent
09-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Im going thru a tough time right now. My Oldest Daughter called this morning crying and wanting help ( mental). SHe has been skirting the law for 7-8 years involved in drugs and other things. For 10 years she has been scamming me for money and things off and on. She called claiming she wanted to get help and get straightened out. Im afraid Ill only make it worse, or its a set up again. I dont know where to get her help or take her shes 2 hours away with out trying to actually locate her. I told her on the phone to call 911 and they would get her to help and the groups that could help her. But Im having a hard time not running there and possibly making everything worse. Shes 27 years old so Im not sure what as Dad I could actually do. Ive been trying to deal with the issues for years and havent got anywhere. Im at a loss here Its hard to sit back and hope she does what needs to be done. Its hard to see her making mistakes.

mroliver77
09-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Wow! I will pray for you and her. Really tough place for you!

Most every area has a "First call for help" or similar agency now days. If one truly wants help, real help it is out there. AA, or NA and other "self help" programs abound. There are programs for families of people with addictions that help you to manage the situation also. Toledo area has a strong AA and Alanon family.

If I can help in any way, just let me know.
J

country gent
09-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Thank you Mr Oliver keep her in your prayers. With the loss of my wife I did the best I could raising our children. I tried and while Nikki and Loyd are doing good shes always been rebelious and hard to manage reason with. Im at my wits end right now not knowing where to turn to. Nikki brought her to Fulton County Health center and is sighning her in to the first call for help there. She needs help and Hopefully she will get what she needs there.

starmac
09-27-2013, 03:17 PM
It's called tough love, as a dad there is not much you can do. They have to want help, and a lot of time you have to watch them hit rock bottom, before they truly make their mind up. I went through this with one of mine, and it is very hard, thankfully she has somewhat come around to the real world.

farmerjim
09-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Prayers go out for you and your Daughter. I have a friend who has been in the same place with one of his sons for about ten years. It is one of the most painful things to happen to a family.

mold maker
09-27-2013, 03:42 PM
I too have seen and felt the agony your going through. In my case it was the mother of my grandchildren. She drank her way out of every program available. My Son had to divorce her in order to keep the children. Now he's a single Father with a disabled son who at 13 is still in diapers, and a 15 yo rebelous teenager.
What your doing is absolutely the only way to help her. It's the hardest thing to do, but anything else is enabeling her to comtinue down the distructive path.
Have faith and we'll all keep you, and her, in our prayers.

w5pv
09-27-2013, 04:10 PM
I feel so sorry for you,I went through the same thing with my youngest daughter,in and out of rehabs until about 5 years ago she decided to get straight.Found a Dr. in Houston Tx that gave her some medicine that killed the craving for drugs along with physic help she has been clean now for a few years.It seems the rehabs were just a place to talk about how high you could get on different drugs and the best way to acquire them.My wife and I chased her place to place to bring her home trying to keep her out of trouble but it seemed the harder we tried the more rebellious she got.We went through this from the time she was 13 0r 14 years until she was about 35.Don't give up on her.But with prayers and the help of the good Lord for now it seems that she is ok.Prayers for you and your daughter hope the best will come of this.

gray wolf
09-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Prayers said for you and your family.

Wayne Smith
09-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Sometimes we have to put them in God's hands and recognize that ours are stained and broken. It is a true test to faith to put a daughter in His hands. Her recovery, if she wants to, will be difficult, dirty, and full of heartbreak, for her and those helping her.

Almost certainly, by this time you have become and enabler, rescuing her from consequences rather than requiring her to suffer them. This only continues to damage her.

I will be praying for both her and you in this walk.

country gent
09-27-2013, 06:49 PM
SHe was admitted to the hospital First call for help this afternoon. Not sure how long or what all this entails, but she should be getting help with everything now. Ill go and see if I can visit her and if she needs anything tommrow. Clothes slippers toilettres and such. Hopefully she can get things right and be in better shape for life in general.

wallenba
09-27-2013, 07:04 PM
I'll send prayers up for her and your family. I know what you are going through. I'm glad to see she is seeking help, a good sign.
My youngest brother has had a cocaine and now, methamphetamine problem since he left high school nearly thirty five years ago. I've seen him go through $80,000 of inheritance in less than a year. He's stolen from all of us. Scammed our dad out of almost $7000. List goes on. He's lost to us now, alive somewhere, but unreachable. We miss who he was. I still love him, but can't have him around. He tried to get my sisters teenage boys to try cocaine. The last straw.

Hang on tight to her, don't let this happen to her. Move heaven and earth if you have to.

uscra112
09-27-2013, 07:41 PM
It's hard as the hubs of hell, but you have to stop being the enabler that lets her keep on with her behaviour. This is a lesson I learned the hard way, and frankly not until after I finally got divorced.

Houndog
09-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Prayers being offered up. I've been through the same problems with a Brother in law and a nephew. IT AIN"T EASY and the road is long. May GOD bless you and her in this time of need. I pray all will be made whole in the end.

tommag
09-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Prayed yesterday with tears running down my cheeks
Pretty tough position to be in. I've seen my sister scammed by my grand niece, all sorts of life threatening diseases, all lies. You want to provide, but sometimes the money just goes for drugs, etc.
Dang, tears are starting to come again.
May the Lord be with you.

country gent
09-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Im waiting to go to see her till monday or tuesday, Shes going thru a hard time now with withdrawl from the chemicals and such. Nikki ( my middle daughter) told me today she physically looks like pictures from the holocaust shes seen. I am just so worried I want to hold her and try and take some of her pain. Im planning on getting her some clothes when I get an idea what size she needs. The first call for help has very strict visitation and everything has to be checked in thru them. I am praying that this does help her and she gets better.