PDA

View Full Version : GC removal?

Joel Chavez
10-29-2007, 04:41 PM
I have a Lee 6c 158gr SWC mould a buddy gave me and I'm wondering if it's possible to remove the gc feature from this mould? Who among you can do this for a reasonable price? Thanks for any info. Later.:castmine:

Scrounger
10-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Not I but anyone with a lathe can. Any of your friends machinists? All they have to do is enlarge the gas check are to the major cylinder diameter. (or a bit more). Simple job for a machinist.

gray wolf
10-29-2007, 06:51 PM
set it up on a milling machine table, and open the bottem like scrounger said.
Or expose all of the top and go over it with an end mill. just take off enough of the top of the mold to remove the GC shank . The last band becomes the bottom of the bullet.
Been there done it, set up and cuts take bout 20 min.

Scrounger
10-29-2007, 06:59 PM
set it up on a milling machine table, and open the bottem like scrounger said.
Or expose all of the top and go over it with an end mill. just take off enough of the top of the mold to remove the GC shank . The last band becomes the bottom of the bullet.
Been there done it, set up and cuts take bout 20 min.

Won't work in his application, Gray Wolf, he has a 6 hole mole and he only wants to de-gascheck some of the cavities, not all of them.

Joel Chavez
10-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Actually, I want to do all of them. I hate gc!!!!! I don need no stinkin ghas chek.

kenjuudo
10-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Joel, Pm me and we'll get it done.

jim

Scrounger
10-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Pick your poison then; Reaming the check part gives you a slightly heavier bullet; grinding the checked part out gives you a lighter bullet. Nice of Kenjudo to fix you up.