PDA

View Full Version : It's Kismit!

enfieldphile
09-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Right then.

I ordered one of the new Lee handheld primer seating tools (square primer tray & red cast body).

As it requires the special shellholders (not the press type) I ordered the shellholder set also.

When it arrived, I noticed the shellholder set did not have one for the .45 AutoRim cartridge. Then I remembered I had one of those shellholders that someone just threw in with some stuff I bought once. It was something he just tossed in the box as he had no use for it.

I checked after I got the Lee tool. It IS the shellholder for the .45 AutoRim!!!

There is a certain yin & yang in the universe.

gwpercle
09-26-2013, 12:54 PM
That is why I never throw out any reloading stuff...just never know when you gonna need it.
My wife still calls me a reloading gear hoarder...but that's ok.

Gary

Smoke4320
09-26-2013, 01:14 PM
That is why I never throw out any reloading stuff...just never know when you gonna need it.
My wife still calls me a reloading gear hoarder...but that's ok.

Gary

amen brother .. hold on to it and you will find a use for it ..
learned my lesson again about a year ago..
I had a strange looking cone shaped item I got in a huge trade .. it stayed around for several years .. finally got tired of looking at it and threw it in the trash .. a week later I purchased a Browning A5 shotgun with a cuts compensator .. low and behold that strange cone shaped item was a screw in choke for that cuts compensator.. and one I really needed !!!
palm to forehead

44Vaquero
09-26-2013, 04:35 PM
I never sell, trade or toss reloading gear for the same reason. At some point in the future you may need it and not have it! The trick is remembering where you stored it.

dbosman
09-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Stored what?
Oh! That.

TMSCU
10-02-2013, 07:34 PM
I had purchased a german made 22 revolver from Gibson Discount Center in Lubbock, Texas back in the early 70's. (It looked like the 22 Ruger Single Six) The pistol had a 22 magnum cylinder in it but the extra 22 LR cylinder which it was suppost to come with had been lost somehow, so I got the pistol at a very good discount. Fast forward to the Dallas Arms Collectors Show about 10 years later. I was digging through a box of gun parts at a dealers table and there was a 22 LR cylinder in the box. I purchased it for I believe 3 dollars. Believe it or not the cylinder I purchased was the missing cylinder that fit my gun. It even had the same serial number.... Talk about Kismit....