View Full Version : How do I install target knobs on Williams Foolproof?

Patrick L
09-25-2013, 09:51 PM
I just bought a new Williams Foolproof to replace the worn one on my 03A3 Springfield. I also bought the target windage and elevation knobs. There were no instructions on how to install them. Anyone done this before? My biggest concern is that whatever controls the clicks will go flying away. I'm assuming its some kind of spring/detent arrangement? I'm pretty handy, but I just don't know what to expect.

Mk42gunner
09-26-2013, 02:05 AM
I haven't taken a Foolproof sight apart, but I would put a considerable amount of money that there is a very small spring and detent ball involved on both windage and elevation. I would take the sight apart inside a large plastic bag to hopefully catch flying parts.

Have you looked on Williams' website for instructions?

Robert

W.R.Buchanan
09-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Just unscrew the elevation and windage screws pop the cir-clips off that hold the screws in, replace the screws and cir clips, and screw the new ones in.

Every Williams sight I have has them including the one on my pellet gun.

You can handle it. just don't loose the damned clips!

The instructions will show you everything.

Randy

Patrick L
09-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Actually, the instructions showed nothing, which is why I posted.

Its all for nothing anyhow. The gun actually had a Lyman sight on it, not a Williams. The hole spacing is the same, but not the hole placement. I'd need to drill and tap two more holes in order to properly mount the Williams sight, so I returned it.

W.R.Buchanan
09-29-2013, 08:26 PM
The Lyman sights are a little harder to get the screws out of, they have a little domed washer that must be compressed in order to get the circlip off.

Randy