PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a new M&P 45

69daytona
09-23-2013, 06:44 PM
I have to wait the 10 days to pick it up but was wondering if any of you that have them have any problems with feeding the 200gr SWCs? Just want to check because it is one of the more accurate boolits out of all my 45s, Just dont want to take a bunch to the range and have feeding problems when I get it.

scattershot
09-24-2013, 10:47 AM
That's what I shoot in mine, with no problems. I did have a failure to feed last time out, but I don't think it was the gun.

fourarmed
09-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Mine really likes the 200 swc. Seating depth is something you want to get right. Use the barrel as a gauge so that when you drop a loaded round in, the round stops just even with the hood. A little longer is usually OK, but you might have trouble extracting a loaded round if it is too long, and of course, it might not chamber fully. I had one round chamber far enough to let me pull the trigger, but did not fire. Took some yanking on the slide to extract it. If the ammo is right, it works every time.

azchisum
09-24-2013, 07:10 PM
I've had mine for 2+ years and shoot the lee 230 truncated with no problems in feeding.. Trigger is geting better as I shoot it...