PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy in a $40 Pistol ! The P-17 Beeman

HARRYMPOPE
09-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Beeman P-17 and typical 10 meter rested groups.It is the Chinese knockoff of their German made P-3(i have one of those too) The trigger is nearly match grade and it will shoot 1.5" at 25 yards in no wind.Some of them have some issues from the factory with lack of lube and a burr in the air intake hole (mine did not and has shot 1000 pellets problem free) A guy in you-tube does a pretty good tutorial on these and prompted me to buy one.

Silver Eagle
09-24-2013, 01:53 AM
Picked one up. Nice accuracy. Unfortunately, mine has the burr issue and drastically lost velocity after 100 shots or so. have not had a chance to disassemble and repair yet.

W.R.Buchanan
09-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Harry: is that gun a springer or single stroke pneumatic.?

I have a Gamo Single Stroke Pneumatic gun I bought about 20 years ago (wished I had bought the full on Target version of this gun with the nice walnut target grips.)

I don't shoot it that much but since I do shoot firearm pistols a lot more now maybe I'll pick this gun and start shooting it in the shop. I can see how it would drastically improve my trigger control.

Randy

Silver Eagle
09-29-2013, 08:41 PM
They are a single stroke pneumatic.

destrux
10-02-2013, 05:26 PM
I have one too, great plinker. I set spent rimfire cases on my workbench and plink them off from across the room. Usually on the first shot. Very accurate pistol. Just throw the red dot that comes with it right in the trash... why they would sell such an accurate pistol with such a sloppy piece of junk sight on it is beyond me.

Very important to feed it good pellets too. It worked great with the Beeman pellets that came with it, but won't shoot well at all with any of the cheap Gamo pellets I had laying around. I have to get some RWS or Beeman ammo at Cabelas next time.

Mine has the air valve issue. I fixed it but it burred back up again. I just pump the piston a few times till the valve hold air and then push it shut and it doesn't seem to leak once it's shut.

williamwaco
10-02-2013, 05:48 PM
I have a fantastic Beemans target pistol from about 1965.

It would shoot one hole groups at 50 feet.

Alas, the air seal on the piston is worn out and it will no longer eject the pellet. It makes about half way down the bore and hangs.

Any ideas on where to get it fixed?

Gunor
10-02-2013, 07:32 PM
http://www.bryanandac.com/

I bought a reseal kit for a Benjamin rifle from them - nice to work with.

Geoff in Oregon