jcwit
09-21-2013, 06:04 PM
What happened to the pit?

Hickory
09-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Fell in the pit?

Hickory
09-21-2013, 06:13 PM
The Religious&Political section is gone.

mroliver77
09-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Gone or messed up?

jcwit
09-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Someone must have gotten offended?

mroliver77
09-21-2013, 06:22 PM
I was told a while back that the mods had discussed closing it but you would think there would be some warning.

Artful
09-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Pity as much good information was given there.

Hickory
09-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Someone must have gotten offended?

Political correctness in the pit? I hope not.

mroliver77
09-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Humor and off topic is still there! ;)

mroliver77
09-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Political correctness in the pit? I hope not.

And I thought everybody was behaving lately!

jcwit
09-21-2013, 06:39 PM
And I thought everybody was behaving lately!

Ya, I even tried to watch what I wrote.

freebullet
09-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Well that sucks. It was nice to get a heads up on news the lamestream doesn't put out. I see they added an airgun section, that will be cool. I'm already thinking about them, now its likely I will wind up with one or more.

BBQJOE
09-21-2013, 06:45 PM
I hope it was just a mod error. I see no reason for it to not exist.

Love Life
09-21-2013, 06:54 PM
That's a bummer!!

jcwit
09-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Maybe they could open the Complaint Department!

MT Gianni
09-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Well over 90 % of our moderation is done in the pit. We have idiots that have almost all of their posts there. Feelings and opinions run hot. At the end of the day we are a cast boolit board. It might come back but expect topics that were previously in the pit to be deleted rather quickly.

mroliver77
09-21-2013, 07:16 PM
So lets get rid of all topics not related to CAST BOOLITS!

jmort
09-21-2013, 07:20 PM
The Pit seemed to be the most active forum. Surprised that something so often visited and used was axed. Big mistake. I agree that if your only purpose here is The Pit then this is not the right place for that person in general. But for most everyone, The Pit was a welcome addition to a great site. This bites.

crawfobj
09-21-2013, 07:29 PM
I didn't post there much if at all, but I thoroughly enjoyed the discussions. Aside from a few trolls, I appreciated the discussions among like-minded folks. Hard to find quality folks like we have here.

frankenfab
09-21-2013, 07:30 PM
I agree this is a big mistake. I don't have a lot of time to research political issues, so I have been relying on the guys here that do have time to be my filter for important news that I need to chek in to.

BruceB
09-21-2013, 07:35 PM
I'll come down on the opposite side to most comments on this thread.

The Pit was a forum which I CAREFULLY AVOIDED, and I've long thought that it was a negative factor on this website. Using the "Today" function, wherein we can view ALL posts on ALL topics, it was impossible for me to avoid all contact with The Pit, but those contacts only reinforced my ongoing opinion that I wanted nothing to do with it.

This removal is a great step forward for the Board, and I thank the Moderators and owner for taking the action.

Now, maybe we'll get back to our major interests, and those who found The Pit such a vital part of their lives can find their aggravations elsewhere else. Hmmm...this post is beginning to sound like something that I might have posted in The Pit!

fryboy
09-21-2013, 07:35 PM
granted at least half my post were in there as it was always safer for me to comment in there as it didnt require some level of expertise ...i figure there went at least half of the page views and in the wide world of the web sites main claim to fame is page clicks/views [shrugz]

45 2.1
09-21-2013, 07:37 PM
It was an excellent heads up on world happenings. Doesn't it just give you a warm and fuzzy feeling when others decide what you can read and talk about...............

dtknowles
09-21-2013, 07:47 PM
I will miss the Pit

Tim

M-Tecs
09-21-2013, 07:52 PM
The idiots and Alpha Hotels are still here. Without the Pit they will just migrate their opinions to the other areas. The pits was an excellent location for them to do what they do and for the ones that wanted to avoid it keep it in one area.

BBQJOE
09-21-2013, 07:58 PM
I am a complete fan of moderation, but in moderation.
I too found the pit mostly helpful in getting my news, and never bumped heads with anyone there.
if there were people causing problems, it's not that hard to shut down a particular forum to someone. I've had boards of my own.
I hate to see this go because I enjoyed being able to go to a place that was pretty much free speech.
Maybe free speech is becoming a thing of the past, even amongst groups such as ourselves.

If it doesn't come back, I may reopen one of my forums just to take the place of the pit, and nothing else.

jmort
09-21-2013, 08:03 PM
"It was an excellent heads up on world happenings. Doesn't it just give you a warm and fuzzy feeling when others decide what you can read and talk about..............."

"I too found the pit mostly helpful in getting my news, and never bumped heads with anyone there.
if there were people causing problems, it's not that hard to shut down a particular forum to someone. I've had boards of my own.
I hate to see this go because I enjoyed being able to go to a place that was pretty much free speech.
Maybe free speech is becoming a thing of the past, even amongst groups such as ourselves."

Exactly

btroj
09-21-2013, 08:15 PM
I won't second guess the site owner, I post here solely at his whim. I feel that as a guest I should not second guess his decisions, whatever I may think of them.

I won't lose any sleep over this at all

shooter93
09-21-2013, 08:24 PM
I liked the place and think it is needed. A lot of good information and for the most part people were civil. Granted it's a bullet site but that also means shooting and all that affects the sport. Ample warning posted and easy enough to avoid if it's not your cup of tea.

Lead Fred
09-21-2013, 08:25 PM
That's a bummer!!

No thats an O Bummer

garym1a2
09-21-2013, 08:29 PM
I like the pit section. I see much more nasty posts in the lube section than I ever did in the pit.

jcwit
09-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Its now back!

Thanks.

Bzcraig
09-21-2013, 08:52 PM
I will miss the pit and if it returns I promise to behave, not that I was really a bad boy.

Love Life
09-22-2013, 01:35 AM
So is this where I ask if I can shoot lead bullets with out lube?

gon2shoot
09-22-2013, 02:39 AM
Whining, complaining, making assumptions, and casting blame. Yep sounds like the pit to me. No mention of a glitch that might shut things down for awhile.

Sasquatch-1
09-22-2013, 08:12 AM
Whining, complaining, making assumptions, and casting blame. Yep sounds like the pit to me. No mention of a glitch that might shut things down for awhile.

It was all a conspiracy. :groner:

Bad Water Bill
09-22-2013, 09:40 AM
" No mention of a glitch that might shut things down for awhile."

Never happen with the quality of folks that spend countless hours behind the scene every day keeping most of us happy.

THANK YOU

Could it have been "DEPT OF HOMELESS SECURITY" that tried to mess with our happy home and got run off by our ever vigilant mods?

Yes this is a casting and reloading site. Visiting the pit is like sitting down at the kitchen table after a hard days work and discussing with other members of our family about what else is happening around the world.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-22-2013, 10:55 AM
well, I;m glad it's back open.
It's like the local Bar. I almost never go there, but it's nice that it's there incase I just need a cold one. and if I don't I can just avoid it :)
Jon

montana_charlie
09-22-2013, 11:50 AM
That's a bit harsh. Not whining ... just making an observation.
We, the unwashed masses, asked "what happened".
The answers we got from 'you' were:

Well over 90 % of our moderation is done in the pit. We have idiots that have almost all of their posts there. Feelings and opinions run hot. At the end of the day we are a cast boolit board. It might come back but expect topics that were previously in the pit to be deleted rather quickly.

and ...

I heard an unfounded rumor that the P&R section was sold for scrap to the Chinese.

and ...

Rumors abound. Heard it was sold to a composter.

If you guys can't ... or won't ... tell us 'what's happening' when we ask, you can't blame us for assuming the worst.

CM

Trey45
09-22-2013, 12:07 PM
And see what happens when you assume? This thread is done. Take it to the precious pit.

MBTcustom
09-22-2013, 12:10 PM
That's a bit harsh. Not whining ... just making an observation.
We, the unwashed masses, asked "what happened".
The answers we got from 'you' were:

and ...

and ...

If you guys can't ... or won't ... tell us 'what's happening' when we ask, you can't blame us for assuming the worst.

CM

Indeed. Especially because some people think the worst by default and are absolute masters of bringing out the worst in the people they converse with. Can't blame a skunk for stinkin, but you don't owe him much explanation either when you decide to fix the problem.
I'm a little shocked by the sentiments of entitlement shown here in this thread.

Sometimes there are technical difficulties when dealing with a website. Thank you for being so patient while we fixed the problem.