PDA

View Full Version : Adding a sling to T/C Renegade

True.grit
09-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Howdy,

Has anybody added a hunting sling to T/C Renegade? The ramrod seems very shallow to install a stud for a sling on the front of the stock. Thanks in advance for the info.

fouronesix
09-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Easy answer but most dealer stocks may be out. Some stores or dealers may have them and they show up on fleabay once in a while. Should be about $19. It's Uncle Mikes designed for the Renegade where the ramrod pipe has the swivel stud already installed.

Also it looks like Dixie has a comparable system for sale for about $21-22 that looks like it would work equally well. http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=13875

NSB
09-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Check out Triple K Lace-On Slings at Cabelas. Made for muzzle loaders.

True.grit
09-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the info, that will work great. I will see about locating one. Thanks again

winelover
09-22-2013, 08:11 AM
For my Renegade, I use a leather one that has a loop on each end. They were designed for shotguns. I hunt tree-stands, mostly, and only like a sling for carry and to haul it up the tree. I remove it, once settled in. I also use it for any other long guns that don't have sling swivels installed, or ones like my Model 12, that I don't want to destroy collector interest.

Winelover

wch
09-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Look for a shotgun sling; cheap and user-friendly, and if you want, you can make one for yourself.

True.grit
09-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Out here in AZ we have a lot of site and stock hunting. Not a lot of tree stand hunting. Hoping for some support with offhand shooting when not able to shoot from a rest. I found a T/C part like the uncle mikes that can be gotten from Midway. I was not successful on a hunting draw this fall but I am prepping for spring hunting. Thanks for all the info.

Good Cheer
09-23-2013, 06:22 PM
.500 Magnum Renegade sling made with 1" strap from Wally World.
http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy192/SNARGLEFLERK/Ren.jpg (http://s791.photobucket.com/user/SNARGLEFLERK/media/Ren.jpg.html)

Good Cheer
09-23-2013, 06:32 PM
.500 Magnum is said tongue in cheek. It's a 1990's production Green Mountain fast twist drop-in barrel... bullet weight, charge weight and recoil pretty much decide how much powder you use. It's not a long range piece but rather a stalk and drop anything carbine, hence the fixed sights. All I need is a place to use it besides at paper.

True.grit
09-23-2013, 10:58 PM
nice piece, looks like it would work on some of those TX hogs.

Whiterabbit
09-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Check out Triple K Lace-On Slings at Cabelas. Made for muzzle loaders.

Look for a shotgun sling; cheap and user-friendly, and if you want, you can make one for yourself.

Hey guys,

Are these things secure? I'd like to go without a FRONT sling stud on a rifle I am building, but will need a sling mount that is rugged enough to scramble with, flip rifle muzzle up, muzzle down, etc. Be secure.

Will these hold a rifle SECURE?

John Allen
09-30-2013, 12:21 PM
I have one of these sling studs on my hawken and have never had a problem. I have not done anything other than walk through the woods with it.

badge176
10-06-2013, 03:23 PM
For a friend's .50 cal CVA Hawkin, I found a D-ring in my leather working kit and then removed the under-barrel rib. I measured to where the D-ring would swing back and land on the first rod tube and filed a notch on the barrel side of the lug (I had determined that the D-ring diameter was not more than 2/3 of the rib's thickness.). Then I sandwiched the D-ring between the barrel and the under lug-and screwed it tight. The D-ring arc touches the bottom of the barrel and the groove in the underlug. The flat section of the D is what the sling slides across- I cut the carry strap to fit through the D snugly. The rear end of the strap is "buttoned" on- used a sling stud/ button from Track of the Wolf; but it's essentially a screw with a snug washer. The strap has a hole punched inboard of the end and a slit cut lengthwise toward the tail to allow the "button" end through.

I ended up using a brass plated steel D-ring since the all brass ones were too flimsy in the gauge wired that I could fit in the underlug. We installed a simple sliding buckle along the strap were it ran up from the butt end to the D-ring and then about half way back.

Carry strap makes it easier to lug the rifle slung around his neck or shoulder while dragging/ sledding a deer out of the woods. Up here Muzzle loader season gets darn cold so we end up carrying in a heap of 'stand layers' to add for the sit, but then shed as we trudge back out!